Bands Wanted for Tuesday nite gigs in Dublin (1 Viewer)

JoMac

Hi folks, tuesday night slots available in a small Dublin centre venue.
PA provided and if you short on backline, we’ll try our best to sort something out.

These gigs are ideal for a bands/performers doing thier first gig, warming up for bigger venues/tour or just playing for the craic! Definitely not pay to play, venue is happy with just takings on the bar.

Only terms are that you’re ready to gig!

PM for more details.
Cheers

I'm not being smart here, if the venues wants people to turn up to see bands and to drink then it would be fair to offer the bands a sweetener, or at least cover expenses. This town is shit for gigs because most venues/promoters act like they're doing you a favour by letting you play. The band is providing a service to the venue/promoter. They should be paid for providing it not be paying out their arses to the venues or promoter.
Rant over, Good luck with the gigs.

I'm not being smart here, if the venues wants people to turn up to see bands and to drink then it would be fair to offer the bands a sweetener, or at least cover expenses. This town is shit for gigs because most venues/promoters act like they're doing you a favour by letting you play. The band is providing a service to the venue/promoter. They should be paid for providing it not be paying out their arses to the venues or promoter.

Couldn't agree more- some promoters are unbelievable when it comes to getting a few quid to cover expenses!

Rant over, Good luck with the gigs.

All true but all of us in bands complain about paying to play at venues and here is someone offering a gig where you don't have to play and we say "what about our expenses?"

Personally, the opportunity to play for free is payment enough in a lot of ways. If a band doesn't want the gig because expenses aren't being covered, fair enough. There's plenty of bands that will take the gig.

We (Groom) have played gigs in Galway and Tralee and Limerick that made not-very-sound financial sense but the gigs were worth doing so you balance it out in your head that way.

Hey dont know if the Tuesday night thing is still happening. We are a new band needing a few starting out gigs it sounds perfect for us. could you let me know if its still going on and if so where when etc? We're called Swords if you wanna check us out. www.myspace.com/swordsofficial Thanks a million

How's it going, I know this thread is quite old but I was just wondering if it still applies? I'm in a band and we're looking for some gigs to do, so anything you'd have would be great. Cheers.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Gerry and I'm from a band called Morax. I am just looking for some information about the Tuesday night gigs as mentioned in the ad on Thumped.com.

We play our own music as well as covers.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could get back to me in relation to this.

Thanks,

Gerry.
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back