Band Looking for gigs. (1 Viewer)

Dirge

Hi I'm new to this.I come from Drogheda and am currently in a band.At the moment there's no real sort of scene for our type of stuff.We play a mix of American Hardcore such as Black Flag and Minor Threat and also some Anarcho such as Flux and Conflict.We also have many originals.So to cut it down we're looking for a few gigs in Dublin before the Summer's out.Keep in mind though we are seventeen.If anyone would like to hear us book us for a gig or even for a house party for a bit of craic just get back to me.Cheers.

Yeah we're called The Gremlins.And yeah we have a demo (it came out shite though we recorded it hung over after a gig lol) but these days we have much better originals.We play a very good live set lots of energy that's when you gotta hear us.Krusty411 you in a band?

Ah okay.I was just worried we might get offered nothing because we're young.It's fuckin horrible up here for punk.All we're ever given is youth gigs and it's just not our thing.

Yeah we're called The Gremlins.And yeah we have a demo (it came out shite though we recorded it hung over after a gig lol) but these days we have much better originals.We play a very good live set lots of energy that's when you gotta hear us.Krusty411 you in a band?

sorta, in a band if dregin ever gets the finger out, only been what 8 months now dickhead, :rolleyes:,

as i said giz a shout pm me or whatever

Ah okay.I was just worried we might get offered nothing because we're young.It's fuckin horrible up here for punk.All we're ever given is youth gigs and it's just not our thing.

concentrate on writting your own stuff, abandon drawda and its youth gigs altogether and yis will be grand, main thing is to stop playing gigs in drawda as it will suck the life out of your band, true story

Yeah sure no problem if any of yous get gigs soon and you need another band or anything we'd give our left arms to do it.

Yeah we're writing alot of originals these days.And developing more into a UK82 sorta sound.Getting out of the American stuff.Yeah you're right.We've just gotten sick and tired of it.We're really giveing it all and we're just not appreciated.Need a crowd who'd be into it it's just it's hard for us to find gigs like that.This band that you said your sorta in do you's have a name?

Yeah man that's exactly what we're gonna do.We just got offered a gig in Belfast which is cool haha.

I haven't told the organiser we can do it for sure but I'll know by tomorrow and I'm pretty sure we can.It's in a pub called The Pivotal I think?Yeah we have a Bebo but all that's on it is just some covers we recorded on a laptop.We refuse to put that bollocks of a demo up haha.

What sort of place do the youth gigs be going on? Is it a commercial venue or a youth centre or whatevz? Ya could try and get some other punk bands to play at those youth gigs, some people might be into in and might be on for setting up proper punk gigs, depends on what the venue would be up for. Sometimes the best buzzes are in places where DIY gigs are new and everyone's up for a mad laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back