Ballroom of Romance - Terrible News (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I know I'm going to be shot for this, however....

As a temporary solution until a better venue can be found, what about the Isaac Butt? I know it's a shit hole but it's central, it has its own good PA (there's a new one now), it's set up for live recording and it's cheap/easy to hire... what do you think?

I guess that it's the audience and the bands that make the ballroom special more than the venue...

As per the "management", if Billy and the HGF can't make it, what about THiNGs taking it over with them supervising?

Just an idea, like...

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Here, hang on a minute.

What about the people who had gigs organised? Allen? Billy? Are you going to let them down too? Surely there is a duty on you both to provide some kind of a replacement for them. I mean people have been working hard towards these gigs....jesus. If it was me I'd be going mad by now.

Barbaby, we'll do our best to sort something out, but fuck it, that's the way the cookie crumbles, ya know what I mean...

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
Just to be sure, maybe we should hold off 'actioning' this until April 2nd - catch my drift?

It's not totally surprising, from some of the things the boys were saying over the weekend. If it's a wind-up, I owe you a pint... but I don't think it is.

Whatever. I'm just saying that whoever gets this off the ground should do it now and avoid pissing even more people off. This is the shoddiest thing I've seen in a long time.

Here's some features of the Lower Deck that made it such a suitable venue for the Ballroom:
- within 15 mins walk of Grafton St. without having to pass through anyplace dodgy
- loud noise and drinking until 1.30am are acceptable
- free to rent
- laid out in such a way that you can pay attention to the bands or retreat to the back (or side) and blather without pissing anyone off
- available on Friday nights

If there's anywhere else in Dublin that meets these requirements we should get started on booking the fucker right away

Sugar and Spikes seems like it might turn into something similar, but until then we need the Ballroom
And I suggest we keep the name, so people will know what buzz to expect

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Whatever. I'm just saying that whoever gets this off the ground should do it now and avoid pissing even more people off. This is the shoddiest thing I've seen in a long time.

Bryan, you can fuck off with that kinda attitude:mad:

jeez it's getting hot in here

how about you move the ballroom to the sugar club and give hag all the resulting money so he can go around tourin' and hoorin' with his skiffle outfit around Europe

But seriously, I reckon this is up to Billy and Allen, it's their baby and sometimes the baby needs to be put in the bullrushes and let float away

Is there some new music-hating asshole health and safety inspector on the job in Dublin? First the Cobblestone, now the Deck? Both with hundreds of problem-free gigs under their belts.

Gah. I should go back to Japan.

Grays is scary. On our way there on of the lads decided to go home. A couple of scumbags decided to head down after him, so myself and two friends followed the scumbags, who saw us and went down a side street. Scary stuff i tell you.

Look. Are you honestly saying that this got suddenly sprung on you? No. What happened is that you were victims of your own success, you got lazy and now you want out. Well it's not fucking good enough Allen.

Not by a long shot.

Just zoomin to the end here cos I cant be arsed reading three pages of shite...
I met Phil from HGF at lunchtime and I says to him I says "shit sorry to hear about the Ballroom"
"what about it" says he to me
says I to him"blah blah closing down blah blah to near canal blah blah etc..."
says himself to meself " Ian, you do realise what date it is dont you"

well says I I never wha wha wha

Snakybus, Pantone, I'm surprised at you both.

I could see this coming. It's happened before, it's always the little guy that gets stepped on by the jumped up little shits thinking they're on the way to somewhere better. Well now it all becomes clear.

Great, Billy. Round of slow applause.

Nice one Allen. At least you're still here....Billy won't even stay around to take the flak.

This sucks the big one. Wouldn't once a month in another venue work though. If it was a problem with venue rent, the bands might help out until the night when said investment is returned. I've only been in Isaac Butts a few times and its a bit shit but it does have that whole 'abandoned sewer' thing going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back