Ballroom of Romance - Terrible News (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nooooo

:( :( :mad: :(

The ballroom has been my fave thing to do on a friday night for the whole time it has ran.

Ther MUST be another venue. I agree it would have to be just as out of the way.

lower deck in bray is on the dart. no
harbour bar, not the lower deck, doh.

the harbour used to put on gigs and give out beer vouchers

ballroom on a sunday at the seaside

be deadly

Originally posted by herv
i was thinking about grays of newmarket square. its a bit far, but then again so is the lower deck.

that place is fucking scary

I have a long drunken over elaborate tale about how one night we thought we would be found murdered to death in that place, it involves late pints, Peter Tork, the beach boys and overfriendly gentleman of a knackery persuassion

I will never go back there again

ever

Originally posted by Pantone247
that place is fucking scary

I have a long drunken over elaborate tale about how one night we thought we would be found murdered to death in that place, it involves late pints, Peter Tork, the beach boys and overfriendly gentleman of a knackery persuassion

I will never go back there again

ever

yeah i know.

i know, i know. and i know.

i hear a few stories from ppl who ran clubs there.

tattoos of green if ya know wharri mean

don't mean to be tommy the townie but dart or no dart bray is waaaay too out of the way me thinks (or else it was a joke and i missed it!)

and of course the chances of mass death by tidal wave are just far too similar to those of the lower deck.

emmm, the problem isn't just the venue is it? Clearly HGF and Billy put a whole load of effort and time into making the ballroom the indie lovefest that it was, and now that they all have more demands on their time, they have to give it up.

You need as dedicated a group of people to try and pull it off again, but it might be better to take the ballroom idea and for someone else to do it their own way.

Seeing as Conor mentioned it, big thanks again for all the help from the lads when I was doing me album launch - it couldn't have been a nicer night and I reckon the lower deck was a part of it.

I can't wait to start talking about the good old days at the lower deck to younger wannabe indie kids - and then ignore them when they ask me to tell them more.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
If anyone else wants to move their ass on getting this replaced, PM me. I'm so mad, I could spit.

Just to be sure, maybe we should hold off 'actioning' this until April 2nd - catch my drift?

:(

that's a damn shame

well done for all the great work boys

i think you mentioned it before, but fire ahead there my lovely.

no, no, no, you have to wait till I'm drunk... then I'll corner you tell you in a an elaborate over the top exagerated manner... and I'll be all drunk and spitting at you and slobbering and keep falling forward on you.... and then losing my place in the story and starting again and finnally be prodding you in the ribs saying "you don't know me!! NO ONE KNOWS ME!!"

yeah well done lads

I'll be sorry to see it go

and hey, isn't AIB being taken over or something Billy? Is that why you can't do the Ballroom? Because you're taking over AIB? Is that it? Huh?

Never trust a guy with Millhouse eyebrows.

Here, hang on a minute.

What about the people who had gigs organised? Allen? Billy? Are you going to let them down too? Surely there is a duty on you both to provide some kind of a replacement for them. I mean people have been working hard towards these gigs....jesus. If it was me I'd be going mad by now.

If it was moved to Gray's, it would have to be renamed. "A Touch Of Puke" would suit, I think.

What about the new-ish place on Denmark Street where Bassbin held their Refuge night for a few weeks? Can't remember the name. The bar is pretty decent-looking so it might be expensive - worth following up, though.

i was thinking about grays of newmarket square. its a bit far, but then again so is the lower deck.

and its free to book on thursdays now that neuromantek and full stop are both gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back