Ballroom of Romance #20 Friday 19th September 2003 (1 Viewer)

billygannon said:
Is it just me, or is absolutely everybody completely broke?

Seriously... everyone I know has no money.

Its called a recession I think. I'm lookin forward to tonight. I've washed me boxers for it.

Speed Racer said:
Its called a recession I think.
ye ever hear the theory that the best music gets made in the times of recession/political oppression?? (i.e. under reagan in the 80s: american hardcore/janglepop/indierock!) don't know if it applies to ireland tho...what did the 80'd get us? U2, Aslan and No Sweat...:eek:

spectraljanitor said:
ye ever hear the theory that the best music gets made in the times of recession/political oppression?? (i.e. under reagan in the 80s: american hardcore/janglepop/indierock!) don't know if it applies to ireland tho...what did the 80'd get us? U2, Aslan and No Sweat...:eek:
Microdisney
Stars Of Heaven
The Blades
Into Paradise

Les Enfants

billygannon said:
Is it just me, or is absolutely everybody completely broke?

Seriously... everyone I know has no money.
well i for one am completely fucking loaded

Wicker said:
Now there's a name I haven't heard mentioned ina while.
My first cousin is Rachel Tighe (Bassist)
nice one
I listen to them every couple months - in my opinion that first LP Under The Water is one of the greatest Irish records ever. And they followed it up with almost equally good stuff.

nlgbbbblth said:
Microdisney
Les Enfants
Ha ha ha ha ha haha ha!!

"C'est une monde parfait"... bloody hell... that's a memory

Anyway... Ballroom... the phrase "one more tune" springs to mind.

brillo night!

left all my gear in the pub at the end and just strolled off into the night
only realised as i was getting in a taxi and had to sprint back

i think there was some beer related confusion involved

Wicker said:
Now there's a name I haven't heard mentioned ina while.
My first cousin is Rachel Tighe (Bassist)

Rachel plays in Luggage now ... yes they are still around. Pop up now and again playing in JJ Smyths at the Rumble Club thing. Jimmy (guitar player) became an Idiot and now is David Kitts engineer/producer/soundman/something like that ...

Anyway, Into Paradise .... great band ..... they should do a reunion ....

george mcfly said:
brillo night!

left all my gear in the pub at the end and just strolled off into the night
only realised as i was getting in a taxi and had to sprint back

i think there was some beer related confusion involved
You are Jack Nicholson.

i thought random were pretty handy, a bit of notwist-ness in there. likin' some of a spaghetti western's ways. good sized crowd there too.

conor said:
i thought random were pretty handy, a bit of notwist-ness in there. likin' some of a spaghetti western's ways. good sized crowd there too.

I thought Spaghetti Western were pretty damn good. Well the last three songs I heard. I missed the start. But the rest of the bands were pants! Smelly pants! Just hopelessly down and lacking the tiniest of sparks (actually Hummingbird had one good song). I was honestly disappointed. But I did buy Cock of the Walk by HGF and well.... it Rocks! Well done lads. Riff tastic

Speed Racer said:
I thought Spaghetti Western were pretty damn good. Well the last three songs I heard. I missed the start. But the rest of the bands were pants! Smelly pants! Just hopelessly down and lacking the tiniest of sparks (actually Hummingbird had one good song). I was honestly disappointed. But I did buy Cock of the Walk by HGF and well.... it Rocks! Well done lads. Riff tastic
Well... Harold Holt had only two days notice (thanks Alphastates).... and Hummingbird had loads of technical problems which pretty much fucked up their set.

Random went down well... their recorded stuff really fleshes out their sound.

Just standing up for the bands like...

billygannon said:
Well... Harold Holt had only two days notice (thanks Alphastates).... and Hummingbird had loads of technical problems which pretty much fucked up their set.

Random went down well... their recorded stuff really fleshes out their sound.

Just standing up for the bands like...

Fair enough they had got short notice and all, maybe it wasn't my cup of tea on a friday night, but Ballroom Bands usually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back