bad bad sunburn (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i was having fun kayaking with some friends on monday.......until i saw my feet.

the gloopy stuff is aloe vera. what;s your worst sunburn story?

i tell you in all my born days i've never had burnt toes before. that's just stoopid

actually, my knees are fucked aswell. and i have this isolated burn mark on my hand too. fucking sun. :mad:

La La said:
i was having fun kayaking with some friends on monday.......until i saw my feet.

the gloopy stuff is aloe vera. what;s your worst sunburn story?
Jesus, I had this exact same thing happen to me about three years ago. My shins were all blistered up. It was pretty horrible. Get plenty of moisturiser.

aloe, moisturiser.....someone even mentioned yoghurt.

this is the most painful thing that's happened to me in a while.

carribbean. me wearing just pair of shorts on a sail boat for a day long sail around the island. sounds very p diddy / kate moss but we were actually backpacking and the place we were staying at organised these round the island trips. anyways - i fell in love with the front of the boat (no shade) and spent most of the day lying on my belly with my head hanging over the end watching the water whizz by and getting dunked under the seat when we hit a wave. its still the best fun i've ever had with just a pair of shorts on :) i ended up with sunstroke. it feels like your insides are burning and when you eventually manage to get out of bed you have the flexibility and elegance in motion of a golden girl. i was out of action for 3 days with constant headaches disorientation and burning flesh.

Donkey OJ said:
carribbean. me wearing just pair of shorts on a sail boat for a day long sail around the island. sounds very p diddy / kate moss but we were actually backpacking and the place we were staying at organised these round the island trips. anyways - i fell in love with the front of the boat (no shade) and spent most of the day lying on my belly with my head hanging over the end watching the water whizz by and getting dunked under the seat when we hit a wave. its still the best fun i've ever had with just a pair of shorts on :) i ended up with sunstroke. it feels like your insides are burning and when you eventually manage to get out of bed you have the flexibility and elegance in motion of a golden girl. i was out of action for 3 days with constant headaches disorientation and burning flesh.

ouch. really.....ouch.

it reminds me of a few years ago, i'd been staying at my dad's in sydney. got really badly sburnt on my back; had been surfing all day with no cream on. anyway after the pain of it had ended, i was well into the peeling stage. went to the movies to see Fellowship of the Ring and was sat there scratching my back all through it. when the lights came on and i got up, there it was on the seat; a mountain of flakes. YUCK! :eek:

Red haired Timmoe on annual first good day of the year burning session,
"WAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhh, Oim Bleeeeedin froid"
Lobster red timmo, stephens green, spring 04.

backpacking round europe in 2nd year in college.Had been around for three months wearing factor 50 or whatever and on the last week were in the south of france in a mates farmhouse, south facing slope of a mountain.Decided I needed a tan so people would ask me all about my adventures when I got home. Silly me being Irish and freckly decided to give the sunfactor a miss and sat out in a deckchair reading a book.fell asleep. The lads left me at it.Later that night I woke as the sun was going down and came in to the kitchen..it was when they all started laughing I noticed that I was bright red and a bit stiff.The worst three days of my life ever..my chest fell off..then the itch started..oh god the itch...they had a new name for me too "lobster boy" needless to say I wear kevlar armour in the sun now.

fell asleep on my stomach on an overcast day in san diego. woke up the next day scorching red but was only the beginning. ended up in a parking lot of a hotel in Vegas with it being 106F. Started sweating in to my peeling skin. Big blisters full of sweat covering my entire back. One went the whole way from one side of my back to the other. Night spent with best friend puncturing blisters and squeezing out goo.

backpacking around Westmeath about 5 years ago, ended up with burnin shins of fire but lots of natural yogurt helped, and tasted better than aloe. Just thankful I didn't go on the coral reef tour in Moate.

La La said:
ouch. really.....ouch.

it turned out grand tho. i got a serious tan. heres recovering me later that week.
sq-p-diddy-miami.jpg

Most of me tans very easily, and because I'm running all year, I have a slight tan for most of the year. Unfortunately, the bits of me that aren't used to exposure have been somewhat badly burned in the past.
I was digging a few years ago, crouched down in a vest top and trousers, and didn't notice that my top was coming up a bit in the back. My trousers were also slightly too big, so there was more exposure than usual. Ended up with a sunburn from hell on my lower back (i.e., just above my bumbum) that made it somewhat difficult to sit down for quite a while.

To make it worse, one of the site engineers had a little daytime drinking habit, and took a shine to the ladies on site. He saw my sunburn, and came over, plopped himself down in my trench, thus stomping all over it (a big no-no), and slurringly insisted that he should be allowed to rub lotion on my butt and back. When I turned him down, he said he'd be back in the afternoon to make a second offer. Creepy. My eagle-eyed site director eventually convinced him to leave me alone, thank god.

last summer i fell asleep on my front in the garden wearing a shirt and bikini bottoms. couldn't sit down properly for days afterwards. and i was reading an article in the irish times about the chalets just before i fell asleep and now i always associate sunburn with the chalets.

carcass said:
fell asleep on my stomach on an overcast day in san diego. woke up the next day scorching red but was only the beginning. ended up in a parking lot of a hotel in Vegas with it being 106F. Started sweating in to my peeling skin. Big blisters full of sweat covering my entire back. One went the whole way from one side of my back to the other. Night spent with best friend puncturing blisters and squeezing out goo.

Same thing happened to my Da when he was a teenager.

We never got taken on holidays to Spain/France/anywhere hot as a result of his fear of the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back