ATP loozers (4 Viewers)

P4040149.jpg

hirsch-sized.jpg

corey you'd a loved this minehead butlins place imagine putting an ilac centre of amusements and shit takeaways inside a circus bigtop and you can drink and smoke wherever you like (well you could if you knew how to get your pints out of the pubs).

Yeah, i was too busy fighting a chest infected baby whilst whoring myself out for this cunting calendar. Get over to Gmail you bitch.

All the acts I expected to be great, were great. I also enjoyed
Lambsbread
Mats Gustaffson/eYe
Awesome Colour
Wolf Eyes
Han Bennink/Peter Broetzmann

'be you own pet' had loads of energy and were fun but it was all style over substance. The larger venue was a great room to see bands. You could see the stage no matter where you were. I thought Reds was crap and badly laid out. And I missed having the one pub to go to. There was loads of places to drink so it made hooking up with people tricky.

i thought it was the most tame ATP.

i enjoyed prurient on herbal bangers.

the john/wheels bin riot was well funny.

not enough energy.

anybody involved in the parade of folk going around the place at 4 o clock on the last night chanting and banging on pots and pans?
great stuff.

anybody involved in the parade of folk going around the place at 4 o clock on the last night chanting and banging on pots and pans?
great stuff.

holy shit. those guys were based right across from the back of our chalet. they were going mental. they were literally chanting "we like to party" for four hours, over and over, and banging on the roof of their chalet. i could hear some of them just screaming, freaking out. they reminded me most of hare krishnas, gone mental. "we like to party" sort of mutated into "heeeeeyyyhoooooo" after some time. eventually they moved on, much to my sleeping pleasure. it was amusing though.

edit: they were banging on pots and pans too. i guess they're the same bunch you were talking about.

Sunday was the best music wise. Missed most of wolf eyes but the last ten minutes was outrageous. Negative Approach was out of fucking control.
MC5, i thought were stone brilliant. Arm and lisa whassname did a bang up job, you ask me.

Corsano/ flaherty/ yeh - headlifting. Absoulutely stunning.

Comets on Fire sounded like the fucking doors; i ended up sulking over chips in burger king after fifteen minutes.

Mostly though, my dignity war with Wheels and my many, many bruises is what i'll carry with me. Also, half of somebody's tooth...

Mostly though, my dignity war with Wheels and my many, many bruises is what i'll carry with me. Also, half of somebody's tooth...

i'll get wheels to send you the name of the concealer he uses for all the bruises he gets. a pro at this so he is.

i think you came out best on the dignity stakes, the wee man was packed into a press:D for his troubles. then theres kings lead tooth going into the mud at full speed.....

wheels was last seen heading in the direction of town last night possibly to the dinosaur jnr gig. seems the man cant get enough atp action.

Yes, he was at Dinosaur Jr, then he accompanied me up to Whelans, then the Village.

Last i saw of him i was trying to fumble a few pounds in to his paw to ensure him safe passage for the remainder of the taxi journey from Drumcondra to Marino.
I meant it as a blessing but he held it like a curse.

i'll get wheels to send you the name of the concealer he uses for all the bruises he gets. a pro at this so he is.

i think you came out best on the dignity stakes, the wee man was packed into a press:D for his troubles. then theres kings lead tooth going into the mud at full speed.....
here someone spill the beans on what happened there.
i want illustrations.

oh and another funny story involving my girlfriend and pain is when we were having a heated game of air hockey..
wheels comes over during a very important round and introduces his friend to us. just as thats done my girlfriend takes a wild shot and the PUCk flies off the table and twaps the poor guy on the bell-end.

hhahahahahahahahahh.
maaan i felt it myself.
my girlfriend is now not allowed to play air hockey.

right. so managed to get front row centre for iggy and the stooges. figured i may as well get the full whack of a stooges show. little did i know that lady g-stereo would get the full whack of iggys boot in the head...

I got a cracked rib up the front at the Stooges in London 2 years ago. It officially ended my up-the-front-at-gigs days.

ATP highlights pour moi - MC5, Deerhoof, Alexander Tucker, Bardo Pond, Bugsy Malone conga line at the end of Sunday night in Jaks. And winning the pub quiz again, natch :D Slightly disappointed that the prize wasn't a chalet for next year. Yes, I'm an ungrateful bitch, but VIP tickets to Modest Mouse are wasted on me, not that much of fan.

Stooges were fun but seen them too many times now, and get a Pavlovian pain in my chest when Iggy starts the stage invasion....

Lowlights - queues, rude bar staff, general corporate supermarket-ness of the new venue. Not going to next one, it'll take a few more gos before they iron out the problems (or go back to Camber Sands!)

it'll take a few more gos before they iron out the problems (or go back to Camber Sands!)

ah, you have to hand it to them for trying. i mean, they got bands to play again for the people who missed them, apologized, etc.

i missed nothing that i wanted to see. except for stuff that was scheduled at the same time, that is.

ah, you have to hand it to them for trying. i mean, they got bands to play again for the people who missed them, apologized, etc.

i missed nothing that i wanted to see. except for stuff that was scheduled at the same time, that is.

Selling six thousand tickets when the main venue only holds three is just stupid. It's not hard to predict there's gonna be problems. I'm not going back until I hear they've sorted it either ...

worst.barstaff.

best.punters.

True.

Not being able to bring drinks out of the venue! For fucks sake! So, if you wanted to go from one to another, this sometimes involved having to down your drink, queue to get into the other venue, and then queue for half an hour to get another drink ....

Sorry .. I'll stop moaning. I had a deadly time in spite of all this.

ah i had 6 bottles in my trousers at one stage. they were kinda 50-50 strict-wise. the door folks were a bit heavy handed on occasion.
nice vibe amongst the people all in all. got chatting to loads of randomers.
also i walked past thurston moore one of the days and he mustve been about 7 to 10 foot tall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back