ATP curated by Godspeed! You Black Emperor - 3rd - 5th of December 2010 (1 Viewer)

plumped for boban Markovic over Emeralds and was not dissappointed- great great fun...

Big highlight was unsurprisungly The Ex, and was really blown away by Keijo Haino's earrape. Oneida was great- although would have been nice to see them on one of the big sound systems. Awesome Tapes from Africa was the perfect way to end the weekend as well...

plumped for boban Markovic over Emeralds and was not dissappointed- great great fun...

Big highlight was unsurprisungly The Ex, and was really blown away by Keijo Haino's earrape. Oneida was great- although would have been nice to see them on one of the big sound systems. Awesome Tapes from Africa was the perfect way to end the weekend as well...

What kind of carry-on was Haino doing?

lads, what're the chances of finding a tv at Butlins on Saturday night at around 3am that has espn - Bowlie 2 clashing with UFC 124 = pain. I take it the sports bar closes at a normal hour? :(

godspeed were indeed incredible -- there are some clips starting to show up on the youtubes if you fancy seeing a bit of it. other highlights: nomeansno, scout niblett, neurosis, bardo pond, the ex, deerhoof... loads of stuff.

also our chalet got a bit party-destroyed on the last night -- how much damage to you have to do before they charge you extra for being an eejit?

did emeralds play a shortish set?

They played for nearly an hour. They even managed to blow the P.A. up during it. Was talking to one of them after and he was so proud of the fact that they blew it during their biggest ever gig. It was no wonder though considering how loud they were. A lot more fun live than I expected! Guitarist was awesome!

I thought The Ex were by far the best thing of the weekend - consistently amazing live. Very impressed by Growing, Black Dice, Oneida (reckon i caught about 4 hours), GYBE's Sunday gig, Mahjonng, and Keiji Haino. Emeralds were brilliant but i made the stupid mistake of been right up the very front where the sound was pretty bad for most of their set - i could barely hear Mark McGuire's guitar until the last two tunes which was disconcerting as i was standing about two feet away from him.

I can't understand why I didn't go to this ...

what a great a weekend
left minehead at 9am on monday,
back in my house in cork Tuesday afternoon, 5pm

fuckign fog

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back