Asylum ,Immigration (1 Viewer)

So choice between EU or refugee camp and you can't understand why 2% want to try for the EU? Have you zero ambition rgossip?

Reckon you need to set some goals in your life man. I'd chance a chance at a better life in the EU over an overcrowded refugee camp if I had any choice at all in the matter.

Just listening to that on the News at One, sickening stuff. 50 found dead on a boat yesterday and undoubtedly more of the same to follow soon. The EU really needs to devise a sensible, and sustainable, policy for dealing with refugees/migrants/illegal immigrants/undocumented workers/whatever you wanna say, and for dealing with the root causes behind all this movement.

So choice between EU or refugee camp and you can't understand why 2% want to try for the EU? Have you zero ambition rgossip?

Reckon you need to set some goals in your life man. I'd chance a chance at a better life in the EU over an overcrowded refugee camp if I had any choice at all in the matter.

Not sure what that this has got to do with ambition unless its just a feeble attempt at a troll comment.

Thorny as fuck. They have a policy - The Dublin Protocol - but no one seems interested in enforcing it.
And one of the main causes seems to be the war in Syria and the hopelessness of the associated refugee camps.

The numbers here are just staggering.

Dublin is essentially dead, the Germans have abandoned it and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Italians and Greeks were neglecting their duties under it in at least some cases. The biggest problem seems to be the lack of a centralised border force* that could effectively deal with the problem and spread the load over the entire bloc.

*There is Frontex but that's primarily engaged with setting and enforcing standards leaving the actual policies regarding border management to individual states.

Newstalk using the term "irregular immigration" for the biggest refugee crisis since World War 2

'Irregular immigration' was introduced a few years back in preference to 'illegal immigration', the latter being percieved to have negative overtones. 'Refugee' isn't supposed to be used until the migrant has actually been granted refuge, until that point they're an asylum seeker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back