Asylum ,Immigration (2 Viewers)

'Irregular immigration' was introduced a few years back in preference to 'illegal immigration', the latter being percieved to have negative overtones. 'Refugee' isn't supposed to be used until the migrant has actually been granted refuge, until that point they're an asylum seeker.

I should further qualify that- regarding illegality/irregularity, the term irregular is meant to refer to the individual while it is the act that is referred to as illegal. Unlike Refugee/Asylum Seeker, neither has any legal standing.

'Irregular immigration' was introduced a few years back in preference to 'illegal immigration', the latter being percieved to have negative overtones. 'Refugee' isn't supposed to be used until the migrant has actually been granted refuge, until that point they're an asylum seeker.

GO BACK TO SEMANTIA

Czech, Slovak interior ministers again reject refugee quotas

The Visegrad states aren't having any of the German suggestions regarding an enforcable quota system, urging instead that (amongst other things) external borders be strengthened. Between this mess and the whole eurozone crisis the long stated goal of 'ever closer union' seems ever further and further away.

So, apparently we're not using Direct Provision for these new refugees. Great for them.
Slightly shitty for the people that have been living under DP with families for going on years now.

Are we going to let this new lot work?

The new lot are Programme Refugees which essentially means they're accepted as refugees instantly hence the skipping of D.P.
They'll be treated as citizens would for the most part- free to work, travel etc. As far as I can recall they'll only miss out on the right to vote. Its unclear at the moment as to whether or not they'll be permanently resettled or returned home once Russia/The U.S. (delete as per your opinion!) stops acting the bollix over there.
On the languishing in D.P issue, I read recently that the average wait for a decision is only 14 weeks and the interminable waiting is as a result of endless appeals. The recent report on the system recommended a far more streamlined process that will allow for only one appeal meaning the waiting period should (if what I've said above is true) be reduced dramatically. Not that that will be any compensation to those denied leave to remain.

Are Syrian birds hot?
Anything like the covered up secret that are Iranian wimmen?
Asma_Assad_090511.jpg

Anyone hear Jean Claude on the radio this morning.
Asking for unity and everyone to do their bit etc.
Stirring stuff
To which I might be more receptive if him an his buddies didn't spent the last 12 months raping Greece for the fun of it.
But we're all friends again now right?
Let's work together to solve this.

Any doubt that the migrants would assimilate themselves and become truly Irish has been dispelled here. They're just like us!!!
State must plan for new arrivals’ long-term future
When Hungarians refugees arrived in 1956, they were put in the rickety Knockalisheen Army camp in CoLimerick, where they roughed it out for three years with minimal support. When the chance came, most went to the UK, Germany and Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back