Aspall's Cider (1 Viewer)

CitySickness

Website
Visit site
178765BL.jpg

Anyone tried this stuff? I've only seen it in Carvill's on Camden Street, additional sightings welcome. The organic is excellent, the dry better still, but the Premier Cru? It's the nicest cider I've ever tasted, like champagne made with apples. It's also wildly expensive, at €5 for a pint bottle, but it's amazing stuff.

PS This isn't one for the Kopparberg fans - they're generally all super-dry.

178765BL.jpg

Anyone tried this stuff? I've only seen it in Carvill's on Camden Street, additional sightings welcome. The organic is excellent, the dry better still, but the Premier Cru? It's the nicest cider I've ever tasted, like champagne made with apples. It's also wildly expensive, at €5 for a pint bottle, but it's amazing stuff.

PS This isn't one for the Kopparberg fans - they're generally all super-dry.

Sound's nice but I'm sticking with Weston's Organic for now especially at that price.

Weston's Organic is good stuff too - only slightly easier to find, although quite a few Tescos seem to stock it now.

Weston's Organic is good stuff too - only slightly easier to find, although quite a few Tescos seem to stock it now.

Twas easy in Wales, haven't really looked over here although I have got some other Weston's in oddbins near dollymount strand. Tesco uk pretty had much the whole Weston's range.

How much is the non very expensive Aspall's?

Twas easy in Wales, haven't really looked over here although I have got some other Weston's in oddbins near dollymount strand. Tesco uk pretty had much the whole Weston's range.

How much is the non very expensive Aspall's?

There's something weird going on with Weston's and Oddbins - every time I ask the dudes in the Blackrock branch if they stock the organic, they look at me like I was asking them to produce a singing crystal unicorn, sigh, then point at the Medium Dry, which they always have in stock. I dunno, maybe they get someone asking for it every 5 minutes or something, but wouldn't that be the point at which you increase your order?

I think the rest of the Aspall's range are about €3.50-€4.

Sounds interesting. I always thought I hated cider until I tasted a super dry Irish cider called Double L (I think). I bought it at a Fermers' Market. It was delicious. I'll buy myself a bottle of that stuff so.

Carvill's is fairly expensive, isn't it? It has a great range of ales, but I am too mean to buy any.
Their selection is good alright. I wouldn't say the off licence is expensive, they just stock alot of beer which tend to be expensive. I think the Whelan's offy across the road might have the edge over it.

Tha's interesting cos that crowd (well, I'm presuming it's the same crowd) make a cider vinegar available in health shops and regarded as a good old tonic for all sorts of ailments. My nana taked it mixed with molasses for her arthritis. Good stuff by all accounts

Tha's interesting cos that crowd (well, I'm presuming it's the same crowd) make a cider vinegar available in health shops and regarded as a good old tonic for all sorts of ailments. My nana taked it mixed with molasses for her arthritis. Good stuff by all accounts

And mixed with garlic and honey it's supposed to be great for avoiding colds and flu... but I reckon that is just because the garlic keeps everyone at a safe distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back