(Ask nlgbbbblth) - My Weekly Bank Related Question (1 Viewer)

So this works on merchants that don't take Visa specifically? Is this a new thing? How could I change my Laser to include Maestro?

is your laser card green? i.e. old-style.

as those expire, they're being replaced naturally by the new ones.

but you should be able to request a new style one anyway.

is your laser card green? i.e. old-style.

as those expire, they're being replaced naturally by the new ones.

but you should be able to request a new style one anyway.

Yeah it's green and not due for renewal till the middle of next year. I'll ask in my branch tomorrow. The big drawback of the laser was it's limited usability online.

around 4.25%, maybe 4.5%
So if you got a new credit card with six month's 0% interest on balance transferrs, you could take out five grand cash off your old CC and then transferr the balance to the new account, put the five grand into a high interest account, then at the end of the six months, pay off the new CC and pocket around three hundred quid? Or is there something glaringly obvious i'm missing?

paul:

my landlordses just shut down their account without
telling me, but the direct debit still went out of my
account, and nothing came back in.

where did it go?

where did it go?

index.jpg

There or the bank's coke and hookers fund.

paul:

my landlordses just shut down their account without
telling me, but the direct debit still went out of my
account, and nothing came back in.

where did it go?

surely it was a standing order?

if it's going to an account that has been closed, the landlord's bank should return it back to your account. Shouldn't take longer than a week.

if not back by then, you should ask your bank to put a trace on it.

So if you got a new credit card with six month's 0% interest on balance transferrs, you could take out five grand cash off your old CC and then transferr the balance to the new account, put the five grand into a high interest account, then at the end of the six months, pay off the new CC and pocket around three hundred quid? Or is there something glaringly obvious i'm missing?

there might be a hefty-ish charge for a cash advance of that size.

you'd need to check what way they charge interest on the cash advance as there would a delay in transferring the balance to a new card.

you'd probably make money on it but not as much as you think.

surely it was a standing order?

if it's going to an account that has been closed, the landlord's bank should return it back to your account. Shouldn't take longer than a week.

if not back by then, you should ask your bank to put a trace on it.

standing order / direct debit - all money going into someone elses pocket as far as i'm concerned

a week you say? fuck em, they can wait a week

That stock market shit that's going on now - will that be effecting the value of the $ much? I need to buy a wedge of dollars at some stage, thinking i should do it around now while it's low, or is there a chance it'll keep going down?

Side question: which bank gives the best rate for buying US cash? I'll be getting about two grand worth i think.

That stock market shit that's going on now - will that be effecting the value of the $ much? I need to buy a wedge of dollars at some stage, thinking i should do it around now while it's low, or is there a chance it'll keep going down?

Side question: which bank gives the best rate for buying US cash? I'll be getting about two grand worth i think.

Avoid AMEX or Thomas Cook.

They all vary from day to day. Only way to find out is to ring them. The commission charge is important. Ideally should be a percentage of what you're buying but capped at say €4 - €5.

Never go by the rates in the paper. They're mid rates.
You need to know the banks' selling rate (cash - they have separate rates for cheques). Make sure you tell them the amount you want as they may have a better rate for larger amounts.

You might have experience with this - what's the easiest/cheapest way for someone to transferr money from a TSB account to a polish one? I was thinking a bank draft might be cheapest but the lads were saying post gets nicked in poland constantly.

You might have experience with this - what's the easiest/cheapest way for someone to transferr money from a TSB account to a polish one? I was thinking a bank draft might be cheapest but the lads were saying post gets nicked in poland constantly.

Electronic transfer

transfers within the eurozone are 51 cent (up to €50,000) once you have the BIC and IBAN of the beneficiary.

now is Poland in the eurozone?

I'll check tomorrow.

ahoyhoy Nigglybits. could you please tell me if you know what UK bank are best for opening a (student) account in the UK and also which ones i actually can open one with. if ye know like. wanted to open one with the Co-OP bank but it appears, like most banks, that i need to be living there for 3 years minimum. which sucks balls.
thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back