(Ask nlgbbbblth) - My Weekly Bank Related Question (1 Viewer)

Re: My Weekly Bank Related Question

Zeelander said:
I'm sending away my application for a credit card today. How long before I can expect to receive it? That's all!

It has to be credit-scored etc but providing you pass that and provide the necessary identification/address verification documents it's around 2 - 3 weeks.

nlgbbbblth said:
It has to be credit-scored etc but providing you pass that and provide the necessary identification/address verification documents it's around 2 - 3 weeks.

Better yet.
We really should have an Ask nlgbbbblth forum.
My next question for you is "What's your signature all about there now?"

Zeelander said:
I'm sending away my application for a credit card today. How long before I can expect to receive it? That's all!

Girl, you crazy.
Got mine in a week. Only got it for 'family' emergencies an shit. Asked for a 2 grand limit on it and they gave me six.
Evil, Evil, EVIL Bastards that they are.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Girl, you crazy.
Got mine in a week. Only got it for 'family' emergencies an shit. Asked for a 2 grand limit on it and they gave me six.
Evil, Evil, EVIL Bastards that they are.

Did you do it all in person at your bank? Who are your bank? They're not hell bent on sabotaging everything you want to do are they?

Hey have I told you guys the latest about my bank cancelling my ATM card after I asked them to look into a, eh, "failed transaction" but telling them specifically that I didn't need to have my card cancelled? Those guys sure know how to keep me on my toes....

Oh my life is in ruins because of my credit card. RUINTS.

Zeelander said:

Me too! (Well shall be applying shortly when I change my account to a graduate one).

Hi-5 Zee!

Question: I wonder do I have to be technically graduated before I can change my AIB student plus acount to a graduate account. I'm pending ysee. Graduation's in November. WhatamIgonnawear? I'm worried the mortarboard won't fit my head. Hats *never* fit my head.

ASK NGGGLLGBTTTHH or anyone else that might know:

does a cheque ever become obsolete. found an old cheque from xmas whilst moving house at the weekend. can i still lodge it?

Zeelander said:

Unless you feel that you REALLY need a credit card, I would avoid getting one. They are a gigantic scam! YOu think to yourself "if I just pay the minimum payment, it will be fine", but if you only ever pay off 5% of what you owe, then you will NEVER pay it all back. NNNNEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

Also, they hike up the credit limit, every time you get a new card, WITHOUT ASKING YOU IF IT'S ALRIGHT TO DO SO!

Those fuckers!

HAving said that, online banking makes it easy to pay off a chunk of cash to your credit card every so often.

But, beware!!!! Better men and women than you have thought they could handle a credit card!

Wilbert said:
Unless you feel that you REALLY need a credit card, I would avoid getting one. They are a gigantic scam! YOu think to yourself "if I just pay the minimum payment, it will be fine", but if you only ever pay off 5% of what you owe, then you will NEVER pay it all back. NNNNEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

Also, they hike up the credit limit, every time you get a new card, WITHOUT ASKING YOU IF IT'S ALRIGHT TO DO SO!

Those fuckers!

HAving said that, online banking makes it easy to pay off a chunk of cash to your credit card every so often.

But, beware!!!! Better men and women than you have thought they could handle a credit card!

Dad, can you please stop posting on Thumped. You're cramping my style.

the dirty weed said:
ASK NGGGLLGBTTTHH or anyone else that might know:

does a cheque ever become obsolete. found an old cheque from xmas whilst moving house at the weekend. can i still lodge it?

Cheques drawn on Irish banks are valid for six months after issue date.
You need to ask the drawer for another one.

nlgbbbblth said:
Cheques drawn on Irish banks are valid for six months after issue date.
You need to ask the drawer for another one.

ARGH!!!! i'd presume this is the same for banks in the north?
probably a bit cheeky to ask someone for another xmas present ;)

thanks anyway.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
As the man says, a credit limit is not a target.

The thing i love to do is max out a credit card and then when they come looking for money open up a new one with another company and use it to pay the minimum amount each month on the previous card. By continuing this to infinity i estimate that i will never be poor again!

.|..|

roxy said:
Question: I wonder do I have to be technically graduated before I can change my AIB student plus acount to a graduate account. I'm pending ysee. Graduation's in November. WhatamIgonnawear? I'm worried the mortarboard won't fit my head. Hats *never* fit my head.

I had my student a/c with AIB. Finished college in 2003, I had to ask them to change me over to a normal a/c in march 2005 cause I wanted an overdraft (they wouldn't on account of the a/c being in student status). You're best bet is to leave it in student status as long as you can & then if they realize their mistake, get it changed to a graduate one (graduate a/c's can have that status for 18 months).

Holiday loans - easier to get than normal ones? And would they care that the monthly wage packet generally disappears in about 2.5 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back