Asia - China/India - ? (2 Viewers)

Rimbaud said:
Cheers for that - i`ve been on that already though(for years!).

Thumped`ers view point is what i`m after!
Understood, it's nice to get the more personal touch. Plans to go to India and china myself, India's dirt cheap anyway, 500 i'd say would be plenty.

500 is heaps, i think. a guy i know cycled across europe, siberia, mongolia and the whole of china and lived comfortably on US$3 a day, so i reckon you should be fine.
hong kong, however, will rape your funds.

Rimbaud said:
Is that guy a chinese dude from England?(slim chance but....maybe...)

nah, he's a Pom, but he's a total nomad. i've always wanted to do a bike ride across a continent and he really inspired me to pull the finger out and just do it. and he said Yak's cheese was yummy.

What's china like in august?looking at getting the trans siberian over end of july and sticking around for about three or four weeks, is it mad rainy season or would i be able to get out and see stuff?

the typhoon season has begun in earnest here - it mainly affects SE asia, HK and coastal china around fujian province. by august it isnt too much of an issue. it will be hot though.

i was up north around august. not so much of the rain (as it was when I left hong kong in july - 3 days on a train that was meant to last 12 hours, damn floods) But oh boy is it hot. expect to change your t-shirt every five minutes.

Simple to do but how much do you want to restrict yourself in regards to activities and such things. You can go there and survive on practically nothing. I'd easily go through 2k in a month alone in Thailand/Laos and i'm not even a sex tourist.

Well that's offputting. I can't even take direct summer sun in ireland. Guess i'll have to make alternative plans.

jesus, I didnt want to ruin your holiday!

haha, it is fucking hot though.

The worst thing is that all the shops/restaurants/whatnot have their air-con on 'arctic' so you're either waaay too hot, or waay to cold. I got many colds while I was there from this exact situation.

jesus, I didnt want to ruin your holiday!

haha, it is fucking hot though.

The worst thing is that all the shops/restaurants/whatnot have their air-con on 'arctic' so you're either waaay too hot, or waay to cold. I got many colds while I was there from this exact situation.

i have two outfits i wear to work - the skimpier one for commuting there, and the look-i'm-gonna-summit-everest one for inside where the air con is blasting.

brian - dont forego the opp to see china and siberia because of the sun - it's more hot and muggy than blazing and clear, gnome sane?

i have two outfits i wear to work - the skimpier one for commuting there, and the look-i'm-gonna-summit-everest one for inside where the air con is blasting.

brian - dont forego the opp to see china and siberia because of the sun - it's more hot and muggy than blazing and clear, gnome sane?
Hmmm.... I'll have to let employment stuff decide this one. It's all a bit tricky. I could probably go for a month or more now, but that might put my annual florida plans in jeopardy, or i could wait until october and go to SE Asia for a few months from florida, but it's very very expensive to go there from the US... Tricky.

500 a month is loads in India. LOADS. It's a big oul place though. I've spent 5 months there over the past year and a half and only scratched the surface. Which is fine, because I fuckin hated most of it. The food was muck (I love Indian food, but this...), there's shit everywhere.... agh! I was only there because my lady does business around Delhi. I'm a big fan of Indian hash too, which calmed my nerves to a point. There's a lengthy diatribe from me somewhere on this board after someone asked what India is like to travel in.

I've only limited experience of traveling in China, apart from Hong Kong. As LaLa explained, HK will be riding your wallet fairly hard, especially for decent accommodation. It's still nowhere near as expensive as Dublin for food and sightseeing.

i thought hong kong was good for buying stuff in due to importers and exporters tax not exsisting. im going to travel there for a 4weeks- 6ishweeks. depends its a free time work wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back