arcade fire= overhyped and overrated.... (1 Viewer)

buck

while they are good and all....does anyone think there is albums released around the same few months of equal statute but far less hype or praise......one example of album that has spent far longer in my stereo is the new mountain goats album.....the sunset tree.....

i am lookin for people to list albums they regard as good as 'funeral' and not as broadly promoted, hyped or whatever....

people, it is 6.30am and i am just back from night shift.....if this road is going nowhere i blame it on lack of sleep or 'early mornin false confidence booster mania'......or posting messages to make up for lack in the recent past.......i can go on....but i won't.....

r...

i like the arcade fire you know, but the album isn't a great one. There are some really great songs on it, but it's a weak affair overall. Here are 3 albums I regard as better as 'funeral' and not as broadly promoted or hyped

"get your goat" by shudder to think...it was released in 93 or 94 and it still stands the test of time. perfect for summer

"songs about angels, evil, and running around on Fire" by thingy as it's (surely) one of the best albums of the 90's

"perfect from now on" by built to spill. lots of guitars. epic. i'm lovin every minute of it jerry !

too many albums better than it ! i could probably give you a list of 3 that were not as good !

buck said:
while they are good and all....does anyone think there is albums released around the same few months of equal statute but far less hype or praise......

I THOUGHT THEY WERE OVERRATED UNTIL I SAW THEM LIVE. I KNOW LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO FEEL THE EXACT SAME.

while i love the album to bits, i agree that the overexposure (which isn't their fault) is going to make people not like them. its a pretty familiar scene. but i mean, who could've said that a year on from funeral's release they'd be soundtracking the whole of RTE and BBC...its very thumped to hate them though.

brianoak said:
I hate them because they are shit not because I post on thumped.
you hate them coz people like them and they are suddenly popular. youd probably hate sonic youth if one of their songs was on a OC sEpisode and they became popular or somethin.

ernesto said:
you hate them coz people like them and they are suddenly popular. youd probably hate sonic youth if one of their songs was on a OC sEpisode and they became popular or somethin.
Funny you should mention.I dont rate Sonic Youth at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back