Arcade Fire on Jools Holland (3 Viewers)

egg_ said:
By jaykers I don't think much of these fellas, not what I've heard of em anyway. They sound like a shit(ter) version of the proto-Stoat band I was in in school
listen to the album more than 3 times and if you're not hooked you must be a weirdo.

That's fair enough of course but do you really think THAT pitchfork review was justified?

Unicron said:
Well thats down to your own opinion of course and you're entitled to it but I really don't think they are.

hermie said:
That's fair enough of course but do you really think THAT pitchfork review was justified?

You know; I had never read it until just now, I had read about the boost that THAT pitchfork review had given them in the guardian and soon after I first heard them when a guy at a party in December played me a couple of songs from the album and I liked them enough to order the Funeral over d'internet.

I actually can't honestly say that I've read the review at this point either becasue I got to the third paragraph and decided that I had to stop because it was such a load of wank (but it does make me feel more comfortable about the prose blowjob that I'm in the process of giving them in the review of the London gig I'm doing, at least I'm not going that far, I'm close, but not quite; so thanks for pointing me towards it).

But the actual score they gave it; 9.7, is that justified? In my opinion it probably is. But I can only think of one album that has come out since 2000 that I can say with certainty that I like better than it.

might record this, really like the ninth track "rebellion", it's rather good indeed.

coast to coast said:
they were good weren't they? that hard fi band seemed quite dreadful tho. I liked the first foos song.

Saw one song. Still don't like 'em. Heard the LP a ton of times.
Music for Frames and maybe Waterboys fans.
The last Foo Fighters song was quite rocking.

Have you listened to: Farewell Sorrow, Suicide Invoice, Illinois, Michigan, Permission To Land, Apple O, Vespertine, Tripper, Go Forth and Amplify...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back