April ATP - Dirty Three (1 Viewer)

I reckon from the looks of the line up so far, there'll be a full Bad Seeds set as well, what with Mick Harvey, Conway Savage and Blixa Bargeld (he who did sound effects for The Mummy) being around.

am i a hypocrite if I go to this?

afterall, I never really enjoy the music at any of them. it's all about the vibes....

I reckon from the looks of the line up so far, there'll be a full Bad Seeds set as well, what with Mick Harvey, Conway Savage and Blixa Bargeld (he who did sound effects for The Mummy) being around.
I just can't see it Packie[/Lawro]
What with Mick, Conway & Blixa all doing their own sets(all have extensive back catalogs) and Nick doing a solo show as well as a Grinderman set, they'll probably be too busy. Mind you Jim White will probably be playing with White Magic, Bill Callaghan and obviously, Dirty Three.

Faun Fables & Sally Timms of Mekons fame confirmed.

Curiously the amazing Gallon Drunk have confirmed a few live shows in UK circa the ATP dates.

Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to checking out Lazko Felix live. I've got a good few of his albums at this stage and they're all stunning. Festival nap!

i hear he's playing st. anne's church, dublin on may 2nd too!

what albums do you have? i have 4 of em - the earlier ones are a bit better but i love the live one too, esp. play 1, and etno camp. there's one called 7/hetedik (sp?) that's a little too clean/polite...

i hear he's playing st. anne's church, dublin on may 2nd too!

what albums do you have? i have 4 of em - the earlier ones are a bit better but i love the live one too, esp. play 1, and etno camp. there's one called 7/hetedik (sp?) that's a little too clean/polite...

I quite like '7' myself by 'Es Zenekar' is my favourite. The Zither Player is on this one, incidentally.
Have the ones you mentioned and his album with the Boban Marcovic Orkestar.
Heard he's mental live-throws his body & soul into it-so really looking forward to catching him perform.
Cheers for the headzup re: St Anne's Church.

from ATP website:

AVOIDING THE QUEUES AT ATP

'We at ATP appreciate that some ticket holders at the Christmas event were not happy with having to queue to get into some of the venues over that weekend. We are working on a plan to avoid this happening again so please bear with us. With all new venues promoters experience teething problems so we will fix them. For those who attended the Bowlie weekender you will remember the queues and we fixed them the following year at the very first ATP so have faith or perhaps you can try and find another festival that offers the same facilities or the line ups that ATP offers.'

!baggyyyy

from ATP website:

AVOIDING THE QUEUES AT ATP

'We at ATP appreciate that some ticket holders at the Christmas event were not happy with having to queue to get into some of the venues over that weekend. We are working on a plan to avoid this happening again so please bear with us. With all new venues promoters experience teething problems so we will fix them. For those who attended the Bowlie weekender you will remember the queues and we fixed them the following year at the very first ATP so have faith or perhaps you can try and find another festival that offers the same facilities or the line ups that ATP offers.'

!baggyyyy

what does that handbag mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back