Apocalypto (1 Viewer)

#10-7

Website
www.delorentos.net
Jaysus.

Deadly film.
Good man Mel.

Kinda excessively gorey in parts, but i don't really mind. The cast are great, especially Ronaldiniho, and some of the scenes are class - especially the Inca style city. bit too much slow motion bits in parts, but overall best film i've seen in a while to be honest.

anyone else?

i've loads of questions about it though.. damn no spoliers...

Goriest piece of crap I've seen in years. I would have enjoyed it loads more if it wasn't for the continuous over the top violence. The jaguar for fuck's sake!!!

My personal highlight was the victims viewpoint of getting your heart cut out and yer head cut off. Sweet baby jeebus.

I'm boycotting Mel on account of his anti-semite outburst and his beard. Aint giving my hard earned to no fascist pig. Although this got well reviewed by the Guardian.

That was my favourite bit!

20mins..

the bit with the devil carrying around yer one from the Krankies was the best bit for me
i reckon Mel could possibly make a really good Exorcist style film as that shit was really scary

scourging was really intense..if he'd have left out all the holy joe flashbacks that would have been one of the best films ever

'I just wanna tell you good luck Jesus, we're all counting on you...'

nielsen_leslie_03.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing this. It looks mad. I never watched The Passion, so I'm completely unprepared for Mel's gore. Should be good craic!

Think I'll be going on Wednesday.

People are giving out about all the violence in this, but to be honest I've seen far worse.

Mel's getting a lot of stick from academics for completely misrepresenting the Mayans. Ah well. It's still a good romp.

i can't wait to see this

did anyone walk out of it?
an entire row walked out infront of me during the scourging in the passion of the christ

this couple comes in about 15mins into the film and sits behind us and started kissing the faces off each other, real horrible slurping noises, then when they finished they started looking at the film, then the guy practically shouts out 'i can't read' so she starts reading out all the subtitles really badly/slowly for the next 20 mins, intermingled with more horrible slurping noises then proceeded to walk out to saying it was too violent :confused:

good film, it could have done without the extra sound features

hmmm, hopefully I can get somewhere to see this.

Had to break the news to a work colleague today that the film is in Maya with English subtitles. Apparently her boyfriend is dying to see it but now might not go because of the subs. She expressed surprise that Mel Gibson would 'make one of those films'. Neither of them have ever fully watched a subtitled movie so I don't know what the fuck their problem is.
I explained that English is not every country's first language - hence the reason for non-English language movies. She seemed to accept this explanation but remains hesitant about going to see it.

Pricks.

hmmm, hopefully I can get somewhere to see this.

Had to break the news to a work colleague today that the film is in Maya with English subtitles. Apparently her boyfriend is dying to see it but now might not go because of the subs. She expressed surprise that Mel Gibson would 'make one of those films'. Neither of them have ever fully watched a subtitled movie so I don't know what the fuck their problem is.
I explained that English is not every country's first language - hence the reason for non-English language movies. She seemed to accept this explanation but remains hesitant about going to see it.

Pricks.

Bounce a copy of City of god off there face

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back