Apocalypto (1 Viewer)

Just saw it last night with a few cans of druid.

It was good fun - way trashier than i thought.

I liked the bit when it turned in First Blood at the end - need a 'shoe box' monologue though...

Just shows u how a big budget and subtitles can get a violent film like this a 15s.

This film reminded me of Home Alone the way the main character played all those tricks on the bad fellas invading his home turf.

i thought it was pure excellence ....cant wait for it to come out on dvd.... and yeah the point of view from the victims was very convincing when the heads got hacked off, i felt their fear:eek:

also now a big fan of the bum bearing hero himself *yummers*

20070103143648.jpg

not so much in real life
10p.jpg

This film reminded me of Home Alone the way the main character played all those tricks on the bad fellas invading his home turf.

(*Spoilers*)

I thought it was kinda like The Passion ..., same basic story (guy gets tortured, unbelievably gets out of an incredibly difficult situation, gets superpowers), but much better film. Which isn't saying much. Still enjoyed it, though.

Gibson's a fucking loon, though. Seriously into the whole torture and stuff.

What I did think was weird though, was Gibson's depiction of the arrival of the white man. Now, Gibson's a religious nut-job, right? Surely for him, the salvation of the natives comes only with the arrival of the white man and his jesus? And yet, at the end, with the Europeans coming, even the guys in the Jesus ship look sinister. Sure, all the natives apart from the main guy (and his wife, to a lesser extent) are all one-dimensional stools, and live in that happy idyllic childlike state that patronising directors (used to) portray them in, but still... odd...

***SPOILER***

yeah, the arrival of the foreigners to wreck their buzz is a rare moment of mel going - "religion isn't completely great". he spared us the christians hacking everything to shit though, surprisingly.

yeah, i might go and see this again. i've only done that once before, for "mean girls" though obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back