Apocalypse movies... (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 100
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 9
did you see the Director's cut version, where they all jump out at the end and yell SURPRISE at Ruth, and Jeremy Beadle comes out and they all start cheering and applauding her for being such a good sport.

Apart from her mutated baby though. Because of the whole hands thing.

i did yeah. barrel of laughs, much like your java lessons.

damad took a rake of samples from it, which gives it the thumbs up in my buke.

I downloaded "Threads" and "Testament" last night, must give them a watch during the week....

Anybody remember "Salute of the Jugger" ? an old Rutger Hauer movie from the late 80's...based on a game involving skulls, clubs, nets, spears, chains, mallets....like america football played by gladiators....what more could ya want....I remember it being great at the time, not sure how it would hold up to viewing these days, I'll have to download it and give it a spin again....

For the original take off of "I Am Legend" check out " The Omega Man" and "The Last Man on Earth"....neither are great or classics, but worth a watch never the less....

Another bleak one was "Hardware" from 1990, it was based on a 2000ad comic called SHOK! Walter's Robo-Tale....also featured Lemmy, Iggy Pop and Carl McCoy...I remember hating it at the time, but it grew on me after later viewings....

"Day Of The Triffads" is another british tv/movie from from the 60's and it still holds up by todays standards.

Anyone seen this film The Aftermath ?

A few more that are in the "not good at all, watch at your pearl" catagory : "Bronx Warriors" and "Cyborg"

This site has a fair whack of stuff reviewed - http://www.volumen.net/apoc/

"Day Of The Triffads" is another british tv/movie from from the 60's and it still holds up by todays standards.

the 80s tv series of day of the triffids is great. even the credits used to spook me as a youngster. got a present of it on dvd recently and it stands the test of time pretty well.

what about 'when the wind blows'?
briggs1.jpg

i lived in terror of nuclear war as a child!

the 80s tv series of day of the triffids is great. even the credits used to spook me as a youngster. got a present of it on dvd recently and it stands the test of time pretty well.

briggs1.jpg

When the wind blows is the MOST DEPRESSING FILM EVER MADE and it's a fucking cartoon. a FUCKING CARTOON.

The Quiet Earth's a weird one, worth checking out, a Kiwi film I think about the three last people alive after some physics experiment.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

In a similar vein is The World, The Flesh and The Devil.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053454/

On The Beach is another laughathon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053137/

Janer.

What the fuck was that meant to be?
1st link was a trailer of Threads....
2nd link you had to go down a few to find the torrent for threads, the whole film, at the moment it's the 6th one down, obviously it's none of the audios...
You have used BT's b4 ya?

briggs1.jpg

haha I seen this years ago, had forgotten all about it.
1/2 way thru Threads and wow it's great in many diff ways....it's great seeing the 80's again as I can totally relate to it and I love teh way the film is done, it's so good to see a film without cgi....I feel they catch the panic/nuclear bomb so well, obviously it was a small budget but he has done so much with it.

i was deeply disappointed with it too:mad:
even the fresh prince coudlnt laugh his way outta this one!
I haven't seen it, but didnt he build some sort of ad hoc chemistry lab in someone's basement?

Was there a reason given why he didnt use any of the prepared fully functional stocked multi million dollar labs upstairs?

I haven't seen it, but didnt he build some sort of ad hoc chemistry lab in someone's basement?

Was there a reason given why he didnt use any of the prepared fully functional stocked multi million dollar labs upstairs?

In this adaptation, he's a biologist of some description and he has the lab in the basement of his safehouse.

Apart from the totally shit and unnecessary CGI mongsters it's not a bad film. It's no Omega Man, but it's waaaayyyy better than The Last Man On Earth.

In this adaptation, he's a biologist of some description and he has the lab in the basement of his safehouse.

Apart from the totally shit and unnecessary CGI mongsters it's not a bad film. It's no Omega Man, but it's waaaayyyy better than The Last Man On Earth.

It's not the worst ever, but there's too much sentimental shit, and as you say, the monsters are 100% arse. I liked the way they portrayed his mental breakdown and not being able to deal with it when the other hoomans show up, but I dunno...Will Smith...Big Willy Style...Will-2-K...The Fresh Prince...it doesn't work or him being the serious guy...he's the funny guy! Like that "The Pursuit of Shittyness", fuckin boring. His son was a little titmunch in it aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back