Aphex Twin to play the Gpo Galway (1 Viewer)

For instance does anyone really believe him when he comes out with guff such as that he doesn't release his best stuff? I'm no psychiatrist but I think he suffers from serious insecurity.

Ha I love all that nonsense,all the best rumours are the ones so absolutely stupid that they couldnt possibly be true.Like about how he has stuff recorded on his answering machine,and that each message recorded records over some of his best work,How he loves the internet as it enabled him to d/l his entire back catalogue for nowt,and when asked about other aliases he claimed that anything youve heard by the names xenakis,stockhausen and john cage was actually him!!!!

aphex.gif

Ha I love all that nonsense,all the best rumours are the ones so absolutely stupid that they couldnt possibly be true.Like about how he has stuff recorded on his answering machine,and that each message recorded records over some of his best work,How he loves the internet as it enabled him to d/l his entire back catalogue for nowt,and when asked about other aliases he claimed that anything youve heard by the names xenakis,stockhausen and john cage was actually him!!!!
there was a thread a few months ago about him using software that produced an image of his ugly mug from analyzing certain audio spectrums. which is cool. i think he must be a bit insane.
all go for your bbq dude. PMing you now

there was a thread a few months ago about him using software that produced an image of his ugly mug from analyzing certain audio spectrums

yeah. thats true I had a look at that for myself. If you load up the 'equation' track on the windowlicker ep in an audio app that can show you a frequency domain representation of the audio you can see the face towards the end of the track.
Actually converting an image to audio can be done using Coagula (free windows download). Metasynth for mac can do it aswell.

he was doing one of them tracks in a live set months ago
so i reckon its defo him
i got a link to the set somewhere at home , i found it couple of weeks ago
there actually are some better songs than stuff hes releases on live sets ive heard

im going to the gpo anyway

I was reading the myspace page for yerman tuss and he goes on about pierre bastien in it aswell which ive seen RDJ do many times.
If it is aphex I wonder why he's bothering. maybe he wants to proove he can still make good music and people will buy it for the music and not just because its aphex.

. maybe he wants to proove he can still make good music and people will buy it for the music and not just because its aphex.

Yeah thats what I was thinking alright.

Could be some kind of musical mid-life crisis. I suppose its better than driving a convertible while wearing a baseball hat to hide his bald patch.

When was that Rephlex gig in the Music Centre that he dj'd at. I remember being at that but I had to leave before he came on cause I got way too smashed.

he was doing one of them tracks in a live set months ago
so i reckon its defo him

The gaurdian had a bit about it too, as well as the track being part of Aphexs old live set, Truss is signed to the Chrysilis publishing same as Aphex, the argument is it's reasonably unlikely that some nobody techno fella would get sign to Chrysilis publishing straight off the bat.

I liked that, thought it was some serious Columbo journalism

The gaurdian had a bit about it too, as well as the track being part of Aphexs old live set, Truss is signed to the Chrysilis publishing same as Aphex, the argument is it's reasonably unlikely that some nobody techno fella would get sign to Chrysilis publishing straight off the bat.

Another tell-taler is the tuss guy made comments about his favourite type of reverb being natural spaces like reflective rooms. And that was the reason aphex gave for moving into that old bank in london i.e the vault and big empty rooms were great echo chambers.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway if it is aphex or not, the records are gonna sell at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back