Aphex Twin to play the Gpo Galway (1 Viewer)

Well in the past few years the GPO have put ads in the Advertiser saying that Jacques Lu Cont, Tim Deluxe, Felix Da Housecat, Hot Chip and countless others are "coming soon" and they still haven't played there. I'd say the chances of Richard D James turning up are sweet fuck all.

Why the hell would a well respected venue do something like that :confused:

Well in the past few years the GPO have put ads in the Advertiser saying that Jacques Lu Cont, Tim Deluxe, Felix Da Housecat, Hot Chip and countless others are "coming soon" and they still haven't played there. I'd say the chances of Richard D James turning up are sweet fuck all.

Why the hell would a well respected venue do something like that :confused:

it's been a while since the GPO was well respected. That ended when Kevin sold the place. He went on to better things I hear.....:D

well look at those madey up foreign names - all lu cont and de lux.....aphex is a good limerick name and i'd say he's gonna get a cheap flight into to shannon for this one...;)

Apparently he's releasing new stuff under another moniker now The Tuss.

It's very like the Analord stuff.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=186556546

There's an awful whiff of smarmimess off him these days. He runs the risk of retreating into a late career of ever more contrived jokes...

For instance does anyone really believe him when he comes out with guff such as that he doesn't release his best stuff? I'm no psychiatrist but I think he suffers from serious insecurity.

he was doing one of them tracks in a live set months ago
so i reckon its defo him
i got a link to the set somewhere at home , i found it couple of weeks ago
there actually are some better songs than stuff hes releases on live sets ive heard

im going to the gpo anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back