anyone remember the cure-heads? (3 Viewers)

at the Shelbourne Hotel I remember would-be stagedivers placing chairs around the dancefloor and diving over the heads of the dancers narrowly missing the chandaliers hanging ominously overhead. Was anyone down at the City Arts Centre in 91? It was like a sauna down on the dancfloor.

at the Shelbourne Hotel I remember would-be stagedivers placing chairs around the dancefloor and diving over the heads of the dancers narrowly missing the chandaliers hanging ominously overhead. Was anyone down at the City Arts Centre in 91? It was like a sauna down on the dancfloor.

the city arts centre is the only indoor venue i have ever left with what appeared to be mud up to my knees. i don't think they ever cleaned the floor...

Balmy evenings that seemed to last forever, cureheads for goalposts

ah yes indeed, the good old Curehead days. I was at the Shelbourne for the Wish album release, frantically tearing promo posters off the wall....the last time i would say the Shelbourne allowed such derelicts through their doors...a sunny day if i recall...i remember my mate in macdonalds putting his hair up and applying make-up to me badly. The central bank was also a popular hang-out, although this was primarliy held by the punks and skaters of the day. then there was Mcgonagles (sic), tho i never made it myself, a bit too young. Wish i had seen them on the Disintegration tour 1989...was any lucky enough to recall the event????

I recall it, as does niggllbth. Its well documented on these forums.
I got off with two chicks.

the city arts centre is the only indoor venue i have ever left with what appeared to be mud up to my knees. i don't think they ever cleaned the floor...

i tell a lie, that was the ormond multimedia centre.

sorry for maligning your floor, city arts centre.

thanks to everyone for their comments. great memories of a carefree time when the most important things were finding the strongest hairspray, searching chemists for Robert Smith's brand of lipstick, checking RPM records for new cure bootlegs etc. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back