Anyone got a DS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Con
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

Con

Bought myself a DS a few months ago and lost it after a couple of weeks. Just moved house and found it yesterday, fookin delighted. Still bugger all games available for it yet, but advance wars is out in a couple of weeks. Anyone played it on the gba. One of the best games ever.

my brother got one a while ago. the games don't seem much of a step up from the gba and it's a bit too bulky for what you get. it's the first nintendo that failed to impress me.

advance wars for the gba is amazing. especially the two player mode.

My gF has one, I bought the PSP on release day.
DS has had fck all support from games and Nintendo are just too kiddish imo, never a fan of theirs.
PSP had 25 release titles on launch and Wip3out Pure fcking rocks major time.

Yup, not only is Advance Wars coming out, but Mario Kart and Castlevania will be out soon, Castlevania, is by far the least kiddy game I've played, it makes grown men cry in shame that they can't get past a boss.. you just try and try and try but nothing works, it gets so damn hard sometimes.. other times you easily find out the weakness..

The graphics are a big improvement from the GBA's processor, the only drawback about the DS is the fact it can't play GBC or original gameboy games, but who cares..

And as far as the kiddy remark I've seen a lot, of late night adverts for the DS on channel four, they sponsor all the comedy there, the original ones at least.. Nintendo I think has realised the market is growing up, they're just really fupping slowly this way. Hence the new slogon "Touch Me"..

But, yes, the DS is slow getting games, but then, the DS came out around the world relativly close.. whereas America and Japan have had the PSP for months before europe.

bought one in jan and really has not impressed me, finally got to play a psp in a taxi on way home last night christ they are amazing , hopefully better games come out soon for ds

ps anyone want to buy a ds with 2 games!:D

Dude, I realise I'm necroposting, but I never have anyone to talk games with, 'sepcially Nintendo, so I'm jumping on this.

Didn't get my hands on a DS yet, but I'm holding out in hope for Christmas. I've done everything short of hitting my mam with a clue by four at this point, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting one. I haven't even played with one yet, but I'm a total Nintendo fangirl and have yet to be disappointed, plus there's a kickass list of games and up-coming titles I have my eye on already. Metroid Hunters is just going to totally pwn and I'm looking forward to seeing what else they'll cook up in that franchise too. I think it's the sheer versatility of what they can do with it and the types of games they can come up with that has me really excited.

I want a PSP too, 'cus next to Nintendo my next favourite in videogaming is Final Fantasy and I want whatever FF games they're realeasing on the PSP, but that's gonna have to wait. I played on about two months ago, just before they were released and it was pretty kickass. It's the games that really matter in the long run though.

got advance wars ds the other day, not impressed at all its really boring. So far i have bought 3 games for ds and they have all failed to keep me entertained for more than an hour!

the old advance wars was such a great game! i can't see the new one letting me down. i might be inheriting a ds off my little brother with the short attention span. on my shopping list:

B0009XEC02.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0009K7ESC.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00068VQ2C.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and zelda whenever it comes out.

I got me a DS a few days ago. Lovely machine. Nintendogs is the perfect title for a handheld. Great to play for 15 mins at a time. Haven't taken Advanced Wars outta the box yet, as Nintendogs is so cool.

Tried the PSP before I got the DS. Me no likey! What's with the thumb pad? I don't have thumbs like "The Thing" or anything, but I found moving in diagonals stupidly awkward.

played mario ds wirelessly against my bro earlier. amazing fun, shame there are so few courses in it.

does anyone know if beating the actual game opens up minigames??

i think once you collect all the stars you get one minigame not multiplayer though

Once you get all the stars, you can use the cannon. As Luigi, use said cannon to get on the roof. Y'all will find the last rabbit and last minigame. It's nothing special though. I heard that they might make it possible to download new multiplayer courses if nintendo get their act together in europe and give us a proper service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back