Anyone else's BT Broadband fucked up? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I can't get a connection to my internetz at home. It is really fucking frustrating as I've a tonne of college work to do that is helped somewhat (and hindered somewhat too with timewastery) by having a net connecshun. The modem router yokey indicates it isn't get a DSL signal. I rang them up on Saturday but they told me it would take 3 days (minimum) to find out what's wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

since eircom started upgrading the 3mb to 7.6/8mb (of which bt are on unless theyre unbumdled exchanegs) has been the problem. they made a balls of it apparantly... a load of exchanges were upgraded over the weekend so that might have something to do with your hassles...
ive had bt for 3+ yrs with 0 hassle, great pings & d/l speeds but since this upgrade its been fucked..

Wasn't working as of this morning. Dude at BT claimed it was Eircom's fault, they've fucked up my connection at the exchange. Grrrr. I hear they have a whole passle of internet in California.

Anyone else have this problem?

Me. Mine's been down since last Friday, the only thing that lights up on the ZyXel modem is the power light. Rang them up, they're like, uh reset it. Then it wouldn't reset, they're like, uh, check your phone line and ring us back. My hatred for BT is extreme. I haven't been able to ring them back since because I was afraid I might lose the fucking head completely. Am planning on ringing them tonight. Sigh.

since eircom started upgrading the 3mb to 7.6/8mb (of which bt are on unless theyre unbumdled exchanegs) has been the problem. they made a balls of it apparantly... a load of exchanges were upgraded over the weekend so that might have something to do with your hassles...
ive had bt for 3+ yrs with 0 hassle, great pings & d/l speeds but since this upgrade its been fucked..

Crappo, same here though. Have had BT for years and it's never gone down. Their admin people are fucking idiots but I can live with that. Damn you Eircom!

Mine started working today. A disgruntled eircom lad rang me up and asked what the problem was. I told him what the BTers had told me and he said it was unlikely but he'd look into it. An hour or two later internets starting working again. Kinda crappy connection though.

Mine worked fine on Saturday, tried to connect Sunday morning and nothing since.

No DSL light. It comes on for a few seconds when I reset the modem but that's all. Wired or wireless - no access at all.

Rang Netgear; they were helpful but said it was unlikely to be the router. So I rang BT. The usual reset stuff which didn't work. They have logged a fault on the line and said someone would check it out and come back to me within 'five working days'.

Very frustrating as I can't access email or ebay at work.

Might buy a new ADSL microfilter at lunchtime - would that make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back