anyone else seen this (1 Viewer)

xsteox said:
this has been on metalireland site for ages. basically some us white power fuckwits are trying to start a campain against phill lynotts memorial statue. look for posts by scriostoir on page2 (gobshite)

http://p205.ezboard.com/fnimetalforumboardfrm1.showmessage?topic=16416.topic
Link didnt work for me but I heard about it already. Assholes. theres been a lot of sightings of white power skinhead tshirts etc recently. Not looking good if there's about to be a growth in that kind of stupidity.

It was in the paper last week, the Sun or something.
Racism is on the rise big time i think.
Alot more racist city bus drivers down this way...same there?

there was a busker on grafton st. the day of metallica (playin some hard riffs and killer licks) who my bud pointed out to me as the guy who was in his shop wearing a blood and honour tshirt...he looked pretty WP!

that philo stuff is fucked.

Now that you mention the bus drivers. I'm convinced a bus I was on a while ago didnt stop at a bus stop because the passenger was black???? I thought/hoped it was me being paranoid. I've also seen some racist graffiti on bus stops on the malahide road.

That wouldn't surprise me, i saw a bus driver refuse to let a black guy on the bus before, claiming he was drunk. bullshit.
GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Now that you mention the bus drivers. I'm convinced a bus I was on a while ago didnt stop at a bus stop because the passenger was black???? I thought/hoped it was me being paranoid. I've also seen some racist graffiti on bus stops on the malahide road.

i had a taxi driver tell me he usually doesn't pick up blacks but he made an exception this one time and the guy was all bruised to fuck cos he was part of an underground bare knuckle fighting tournament (seriously) and then out conversation went onto king of the travellers, breeding pitbulls for fighting and mike tyson. easily the coolest taxi driver ever.

andrew

its hilarious how we used to pride ourselves as a very non-racist country ten years ago. its obvious now that Ireland is just as bad as anywhere else. "niggers out!" was written on a bus I was on. white supremacists can kiss my slightly tanned ass! anyone ever see that drunk nazi prick around town with a swastika shaved into his head?

its high time batman or some other vigilante kicked some ass.

I was swimming there on sunday, there was a black guy talking to some other guy in the changing rooms. They were talking about travellers not being allowed membership to the gym or something.

But the black guy ended the conversation by saying 'Im just glad they let niggers in here'

which I thought was quite an amusing thing to say; it's like he was unconsciously promoting racism towards himself by using the word

avernus said:
its hilarious how we used to pride ourselves as a very non-racist country ten years ago. its obvious now that Ireland is just as bad as anywhere else. "niggers out!" was written on a bus I was on. white supremacists can kiss my slightly tanned ass! anyone ever see that drunk nazi prick around town with a swastika shaved into his head?

its high time batman or some other vigilante kicked some ass.

My Dad thinks it ok to call them that now since he sold a car to a nigerian fellah in cork and yer man said "thank you for being so nice to a nigger man"...
My Dad listens to Dr. Dre and Eminem (dead serious) and says "but they call each other that!" I entered into a long discussion about it, Lenny Bruce's sayings were bandied about... but I think my fathers generation can be forgiven for the social faux paux... But I to have been on Busses that havent stopped for Black people (twice) but what are you supposed to do?
Just bring up our kids more betterer i spose...

still, cant wait to read The Bearded Lady's contribution to this thread

Bag'o'cans said:
Used to live near mountjoy square, that lumbering dinosaur used to go up and down parnell street all day drinking cans.
yeah thats the guy. sack of shit.

just because black rappers in the US may refer to themselves as niggers doesn't mean it's okay for everybody to call black people niggers

what do a group of Africans living in Ireland have to do with American black people living in the US, apart from the colour of their skin?

having said that, it's just a word, and I think white, Irish, well-meaning, middle class people are over-sensitive about it - this isn't Texas. Queers don't mind being called queers like, do they? it's just terminology , and can be used for empowerment as much as subjugation. However, if a white Irish person says nigger, he probably means it in an abusive way - not all the time, but most the time, so on balance I'd say "no" to "nigger". But I'd much prefer to see African folks get treated properly, in shops, on buses, in every day life, just treated like Irish people, and not be tarred with the one brush, rather than worry about words.

Bag'o'cans said:
Used to live near mountjoy square, that lumbering dinosaur used to go up and down parnell street all day drinking cans.

that dude is the monks brother or something. He's mentally unwell after some prison officers decided to smash his head against a wall for a while.I went to college down that way. used to drink in the welcome inn and john the barman told me(his family have owned the pub for donkeys years) I guess thats as reliable a source as your gonna get about these things :) so not a nazi ...just a fucked brain.

Latex lizzie said:
that dude is the monks brother or something. He's mentally unwell after some prison officers decided to smash his head against a wall for a while.I went to college down that way. used to drink in the welcome inn and john the barman told me(his family have owned the pub for donkeys years) I guess thats as reliable a source as your gonna get about these things :) so not a nazi ...just a fucked brain.
yeah but how many hits does it take to make you think "hmm i think a swastika would be a nice addition to my skull"

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
it's not like he invented prejudice
thats hardly being questioned.

seriously, what is the worth of these racist taxi driving fuckers? why do they feel the need to preach about their worthless and disgustingly uneducated opinions?

avernus said:
worthless and disgustingly uneducated opinions?

careful. wouldn't want to be prejudiced against taxi drivers :eek:

lad who took me home yesterday was a lovely man. originally from westmeath. had a grand oul chat about the football. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back