Anyone collect anything? (apart from music) (1 Viewer)

I have collected a mammoth amount of different things during my life, since I was a child I have collected the following....

Earliest one was sweet wrappers, used to glue them into the pages of copies and spent a lot of my early school life searching bins for elusive wrappers

I collected anything to do with dinosaurs as a child and then got all burnt out on it when Jurassic Park came out and every prick in my class was into it!

Matchbox cars, tonnes of the bastards and still have them in my parents attic

Toy guns, fucking loved them!

"Zero Hour"! I still have yet to find another person who had these amazing toys from bluebird, they were little army lads, a monorail train and you could launch rockets and all, my favourites being the 'Bad Brigade' who had inconspicuous vehicles that turned into weapons, like a school bus, a civilian aeroplane, an oil tanker truck. Its in my parents attic somewhere also.

Beanos, every week from about 85/86-92/93, used to be able to tell you the cover story for any beano if you gave me the date of the issue for pretty much 86-91. Still have about 1,000 of the fuckers in my parents attic.

I used to collect the 'Ben & Katie' cartoons from the daily star when I was 7 and get some pre-pubescent weird sexual confusion/arousal over the drawings, until my sister and her friends found the copybook I stuck them in and destroyed me still one of my abiding childhood embarrassments

I also collected scrap books and wrote reports on old castles and forts I went to. Scrapbooks were massive in my mind.

I then moved onto collecting computer game cheats for the sega megadrive, recording them onto tape and trying to sell them to my friends (surprisingly I had some!)

I collected stamps and still have them knocking about, my lovely lady even bought me some classic third reich stamps in prague when we were there in January which has kinda renewed my interest.

Money with the faces of dictators on it, I've jumped in time here a bit, this was something I decided to collect a few years back, I so far have some iraqi saddam notes, mugabe notes, mussolini coin, reichmarcs a plenty and so on.

I now collect vinyl, books and other assorted crap. Basically I think I have what Freud would refer to as a 'holding-on personality'!

i used to collect:
stamps
beermats
callcards
stickers
soaps
beads
'fancy paper'
coins
bottle tops
teddies (the stuffed animal kind)
badges (especially enamel ones)
little glass bottles
buttons
teddy bear ornaments
marbles
rubbers (pencil erasers)
shells
little brass ornaments
bits of metal i found on building sites
bits of coloured glass/crockery from the beach
old tins
rocks
minerals

now i collect:
rocks
books about geology/volcanoes

Animal figurines. I moved out of my parents gaf and had to leave them behind, my auldfella gave half the collection (which was absolutely huge after 15 years and included things like Tapiers and manatees) away to my 5 year old cousin who broke nearly all of them. Couldn't be bothered now.

I sound like a total curmudgeon here don't I ?

is it like that dinosaur sponge from the simpsons?
i like many kinds of rocks

well,its got dinosar style markings on it.although the dinosaur in this case is maybe two inches long,it came from a river bed in dakota.
anyway,all things considered,its a great rock that may provide the foundations for my own rock collection,any tips for an aspiring rock collector?

find a geologist to take you rock collecting

or

with a geological map and some googling you can probably figure out what your rock is.

these are some of my rocks:

chunk of garnet-bearing metamorphic rock transported to surface by magma, from SE spain
2947010294_465a17cf53.jpg

quartz-encrusted basalt lava from gran canaria
2946149565_259a86ecf0.jpg

That's if your going to be nerdy about it. I was thinking of a more on the edge street rock collection one which you'll inevitably turn up at a rock collecting convention and be treated badly by the snobbish regulars before finding the love of a good woman (usually the ex of the head honcho) and eventually win the overall prize with the help of an old washed up former champion.

That's if your going to be nerdy about it. I was thinking of a more on the edge street rock collection one which you'll inevitably turn up at a rock collecting convention and be treated badly by the snobbish regulars before finding the love of a good woman (usually the ex of the head honcho) and eventually win the overall prize with the help of an old washed up former champion.

so,just go round chipping bits off houses,roads and places of business etc?ill show that nooly one.

(nooly-great rocks,i especially like the first one,anymore pics?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back