Anyone collect anything? (apart from music) (4 Viewers)

Fancy paper was the big business when we were in primary school. I'm surprised it wasn't banned because of the tears, tantrums and hair pulling it caused. Rainbows and ponies are like drugs to six year olds.

I used to play with this one who lived next-door-but-two to me (I won't call her a friend cos I didn't like her) used to collect these dolls:
37423%20Porcelain%20Doll%20with%20Hat.jpg

They give me the fear, creepy looking yokes.

Not that kind of freaky dolls, ones like this:

blytheinblack.jpg

Not that kind of freaky dolls, ones like this:

blytheinblack.jpg

Ohh, I like those! She's a Pullip, right? I also like the other Japanese and Korean ball jointed dolls. I don't have any though, They're tres expensive.

Fancy paper was the big business when we were in primary school. I'm surprised it wasn't banned because of the tears, tantrums and hair pulling it caused. Rainbows and ponies are like drugs to six year olds.

That was massive round our way. Ther used to be normal sized fancy paper (just "fancy" for short) and little pads of "smallies". Bonus points if it smelled nice. The strange thing is looking back on it I had loads, but I don't remember getting any of it new. I just sort of accumulated it.

I'm starting a collection of smart answers

Dear prefuse,
I don't collect anything anymore. except myabe art and photography books.
but when i was younger, I was an avid collector of stickers. particularly felt or strawberry smelling ones. occasionally i would swap them, but only if deep down i knew I was getting a better deal. In total i amassed about three sticker books - each page bursting with cute, fluffy, nice-smellingness.

then i grew up and threw them away.

Yours forever,
La La
xxxxxxxxxx

Ohh, I like those! She's a Pullip, right? I also like the other Japanese and Korean ball jointed dolls. I don't have any though, They're tres expensive.

No, she's a Blythe, but I do have a Pullip. Yes, they're stupidly expensive - the original 1970s Blythes go for a few grand, modern remakes for £150+, but you can get little plastic mini-Blythes for a fiver.

Any freaky-but-cute big-eyed big-headed doll will do though, some of my favourites cost 99p in charity shops. (Sorry, I still talk in pounds cause I moved to England just before Ireland went eurotastic).

No, she's a Blythe, but I do have a Pullip. Yes, they're stupidly expensive - the original 1970s Blythes go for a few grand, modern remakes for £150+, but you can get little plastic mini-Blythes for a fiver.

Any freaky-but-cute big-eyed big-headed doll will do though, some of my favourites cost 99p in charity shops. (Sorry, I still talk in pounds cause I moved to England just before Ireland went eurotastic).

Now that you mention it, I can see her eyes are slightly bigger than a Pullip's.

who the fuck didnt call them dinkys?????????????????????????????????

I collect gaa programes from matchs I was at, does that count, when I say collect ,I just dont throw them out and now theres quite a collection of them.
so maybe I collect them by default.

i keep all my copies of empire and total film but that probably doesnt really count..

however i collect hello kitty stuff..i used to spend a fortune on it a few years ago and ive relaxed a little bit now but i still regularly scour new places that we visit to find her stuff..

I used to collect Boxing videos, mostly ones recorded from the TV, then Boxing got silly and had 23 world champs per weight and I gave up, I was also running out of space.

I also loved fancy paper, had rakes of the stuff. I'd forgotten how we use to swap it in the yard n stuff. I loved the ones that smelled of strawberries n stuff.

I also loved fancy paper, had rakes of the stuff. I'd forgotten how we use to swap it in the yard n stuff. I loved the ones that smelled of strawberries n stuff.

i was into fancy paper too, not that i had any real love for it but my older sister was into it so therefore i was too. my world came crashing down around me when one day we went to the stationary shop to buy some new fancy paper and the man in the shop started calling me mary "your name must be mary with your looking for the fancy paper like the little girls, ha? mary hahahaha" and then any time i had to go in afterwards to buy copy books or pens or something he'd call me mary.

i was into fancy paper too, not that i had any real love for it but my older sister was into it so therefore i was too. my world came crashing down around me when one day we went to the stationary shop to buy some new fancy paper and the man in the shop started calling me mary "your name must be mary with your looking for the fancy paper like the little girls, ha? mary hahahaha" and then any time i had to go in afterwards to buy copy books or pens or something he'd call me mary.

I would have set fire to the newspapers outside his shop [early morning] if he said that to me.

I would have set fire to the newspapers outside his shop [early morning] if he said that to me.

I would have tied him to the pile of newspapers first.

i never wanted to kill i am not naturally evil. im surprised my sister didnt though, she was usually good at making people pay for shit they did to me.

I still have a fairly big collection of coins, callcards and marbles.

well, not so much marbles but it was pretty big for a broke 8 year old

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back