Anyone collect anything? (apart from music) (5 Viewers)

I collect model elephants. Any sort of little ornamental elephant or even anything with an elephant on it. I like elephants. I also, from my younger years, have a stiffling collection of Beatles memorabilia.

Now that I think of it I've a decent collection of scars and an attic full of blown hi fi speakers(just cant part with them)

really?my lil bro used to collect model elephant's too,what an odd thing to collect.

That is odd, I've never met anyone else who collects them. It started because a friend brough me back a few from thailand and I just continued. I've about 100 or so now.

That is odd, I've never met anyone else who collects them. It started because a friend brough me back a few from thailand and I just continued. I've about 100 or so now.

he started cause he got a big one as a present from the zoo.i dont think he collects them anymore,must ask him about them when i talk to him again.

I collect me daughter and her cousin and El's daughter from summer school 2moro at 12.30.

Then were all going to collect shells in Dollyer!

I'll report back how we done.

Back in the states I have a huge collection of old photographs of people I don't know. I always wondered why people would sell things like these at garage sales. It's always the first thing I look for at odd markets and such. Here I seem to be developing a collection of sheep although I haven't purchased any of them.

I remember when I was about 9 or so that we had a collectible day in school. All these people came in and I could sign up for the topic I was interested in and learn more about collecting. I was a bit of a tomboy and didn't fancy stickers, tea cups or dolls, etc...so I signed up for baseball cards. Mind you, I've never liked baseball. I thought about coins (since my dad is a huge collector) but it was all the nerdy boys. So I stuck with baseball and got to hang with all the fun boys and trade them cards for the gum that came in the pack for the rest of the year. Smart move on my part, sugar FTW!

Back in the states I have a huge collection of old photographs of people I don't know. I always wondered why people would sell things like these at garage sales. It's always the first thing I look for at odd markets and such. Here I seem to be developing a collection of sheep although I haven't purchased any of them.

I noticed those photos in Antique shops over there. There's something really sad about finding reams of old photos of long dead people no-one gives a fuck about any longer.

I noticed those photos in Antique shops over there. There's something really sad about finding reams of old photos of long dead people no-one gives a fuck about any longer.

Some people sell shoe boxes filled at garage sales after cleaning out their house. In one of my apartments in college the whole place was filled with framed photos of strangers. Tintypes and Daguerreotypes I could see why people would sell (because they are worth money) but regular photos from the 20's onward I just don't get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back