Anti-Cannabis Campaign (1 Viewer)

Ciansy

The Australian Department of Health has launched a new ad campaign against cannabis use. It goes: "Pot: it won't kill you, but it might turn you into a dickhead".

Sheer brilliance.

my friend is a complete waster stoner and maintains that when he was 11 years old, living in America, he seen an ad against smoking pot in which a kid is asked if he wants a toke and suddenly all these consequences flash by his eyes and he says "no thanks", and the other guy shrugs "that's cool". He wanted to be the guy that said "that's cool".

How effective are these public health campaigns I wonder.... I mean, did the Nico buzz have any effect on teenage girls smoking cigarettes?

Article in the Guardian today about the ineffectivenss of campaigns in Britland:

Government attempts to persuade thousands of young people to stay away from drugs have failed and done nothing to curb the soaring popularity of illegal substances, a devastating report will warn this week.

The number of young people using cocaine and cannabis has increased rapidly over the past 20 years despite high-profile campaigns, such as the £9m 'Frank' initiative aimed at 11 to 15-year-olds, according to an in-depth examination of official efforts to tackle Britain's chronic drug problem. It is also expected to claim that Britain's 'unusually severe drug problem compared with that of our European neighbours' is linked to social and economic deprivation, that punitive laws have had little effect and that police efforts to disrupt the drugs trade have also failed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,2057576,00.html

How effective are these public health campaigns I wonder.... I mean, did the Nico buzz have any effect on teenage girls smoking cigarettes?

I doubt it. But, let's face it, nobody wants to be a dickhead. And as much as I enjoy pot, it does let out the inner dickhead in a lot of people.
I was talking to a parent of an eleven-year-old and an eight-year-old recently, who wouldn't be a mad liberal by any means and has probably had very little experience with drug-taking himself. He believes that legalisation of everything is the only way forward, I'm inclined to agree.

it does let out the inner dickhead in a lot of people.

Au contraire mon frere, (and this may just be semantics) but I'd say cocaine is the domain of the dickhead, and pot the realm of the big dope*.

Nice one for the link there Deeedles. I'm sure I've read stuff about this before but I'm just too articled out to look for anything.

*I'm a big dope.

Edit- I've also come round to the idea of legalising everything. More from me later also.

a great anti-cannabis poster would be:

twovirgins.jpg

I suppose I should clear this up a bit: I don't think anyone is much of a dickhead while they're actually high on pot, but a lot of the heavy users I know are given to dickhead-ish behaviour when looking for more pot or talking about pot and so on.

A very wise person I know said that her biggest problem with being a smoker is the fact that you have to be a dickhead about getting your hands on it and deal with dickhead dealers and fund criminal gangs, all just to have a smoke. It's true. But then, the alternative is legalising it and funding a dickhead government. Still, I'd rather fund the dickhead government and deal with cranky shop assistants than the alternative.

This has kind of gone off the point hasn't it...

I suppose I should clear this up a bit: I don't think anyone is much of a dickhead while they're actually high on pot, but a lot of the heavy users I know are given to dickhead-ish behaviour when looking for more pot or talking about pot and so on.

i believe you're talking about my most hated of people..the ones who start every story with 'i was so stoned...'..wankers..

i believe you're talking about my most hated of people..the ones who start every story with 'i was so stoned...'..wankers..

That's exactly them. The worst of them actually has such a high tolerance for the stuff you can never even tell when he's been on it all day, except that after it wears off he'll start another fucking rant about how stoned he was.
I'm also talking about what Buzzo was saying, the people you have to deal with to get a smoke, but less so them than heavy users who still think it's interesting to talk about their stoned-ness.

Au contraire mon frere, (and this may just be semantics) but I'd say cocaine is the domain of the dickhead, and pot the realm of the big dope*

agreed

Coke turns people into Spas. it's only use is for entertaing hookers all night. and that's all.

*also a big feckin dope.

A very wise person I know said that her biggest problem with being a smoker is the fact that you have to be a dickhead about getting your hands on it and deal with dickhead dealers and fund criminal gangs, all just to have a smoke. It's true. But then, the alternative is legalising it and funding a dickhead government. Still, I'd rather fund the dickhead government and deal with cranky shop assistants than the alternative.

agreed again.

the hoops you have to jump through just to get ahold of low grade crap.
to quote Bill Hicks, “Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?”

really, i don't want to be funding 'terrorists' or whatever other shite they're claiming but it does bother me that i am putting money into some scumbag's pocket for something that grows naturally. the other alternative is to grow it but you're more fucked getting caught that way than say, with a quarter in your pocket.

bah.

get onto budmail doods, i guarantee your dealers will if they arent already!
bah, im too broke for good weed at the moment. all i can afford is rubbish offensive soap. at a party on friday and this guy asked me to come down to his gaf next time and hed give me good stuff for the same price coz he felt so sorry for me... ha! nice one.

I'd argue that people turn into dickheads much more readily under the influence of alcohol than smoke but whatevah...

thats why booze and coke go so well together.......apparently!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back