Anthrax on Friday (1 Viewer)

That was a great gig. Loads of aul lads jumping about in the pit, great sound, bouncers were ok. My only criticism was they didn't do any John Bush songs which is some of their best work imo.

This was great.
- Joey was in fine voice and more importantly had his tshirt untucked.
- Frank, who is usually really annoying to watch onstage, wasn't.
- Rob still had the stupid hat on but is an excellent guitarist so he gets a pass.
- Scott is still very much the boss and was cool.
- Didn't miss Charlie.

This gig really reminded me of that famous old footage of anthrax playing Gung-Ho etc. Something about the energy and the pit and the size of the venue. It was great.

This gig really reminded me of that famous old footage of anthrax playing Gung-Ho etc. Something about the energy and the pit and the size of the venue. It was great.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A mate of mine had tickets to see Tom McCrae down in the Academy 2 the same night. I didn't realise Anthrax were playing until I got there. Tom McRae started off his set by making some snide speech about "The people in the basement were clearer the smarter people and had made the intelligent choice for the night" and then went on to play 2 hours of really over earnest mopey singer songwriter nonsense in between complaining about how he wished more people liked him and bought his records.

Having said that his support act were fantastic.

Managed to sneak up to Anthrax for about 15 minutes. It looked amazing. So going next time they play.

even got myself a tshirt.

The whole night reminded me of why I can't abide people who don't like metal

Tá na soilse múchta. An t-ionad ceoil lán go doras agus an t-aer plúchta le teas, teannas agus le hallas. Tá an slua brúite in aghaidh a chéile agus ag bogadh i dtreo an stáitse mar a bheadh báire éisc ag triail éalú trí pholl beag eangaí.

Cé go bhfuil foighid éigin ina measc, tá ag meath air sin. Caitear síoraíocht ama ag fanacht leis an ngrúpa ceoil agus ardaíonn teannas an tslua le chuile nóiméad a imíonn.

Oíche Aoine atá ann agus tá chuile dhuine ar bís. Ligtear scréach chogaidh an nóiméad a dhíríonn súile an tslua ar Scott Ian agus é tar éis sleamhnú go ciúin ar an stáitse. Fear giotáir agus ball seasta d’Anthrax, grúpa trom-mhiotail as Nua-Eabhrac Mheiriceá, é Ian agus tá ómós mór le léiriú dó sa halla seo anocht.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1128/1224327201633.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back