another top 5 thread..gigs o' the year.. (3 Viewers)

in no order:

hot snakes in whelans
josh pearson at the ballroom / dirty 3 & josh in village
caribou in crawdaddy
giveamanakick / betamax format / others at HWCH
corsano, flaherty, heyner at lazybird

crap but amazing: burrito deluxe in that place in dundalk, horrible cheesy country rock but i got to hang out with garth hudson for a couple hours afterwards.:cool:

Ciaran Mackle said:
in Ireland?
Yep, they played the music centre, though I thought it was kinda boring. Ones that spring to mind are Hot Snakes, Slayer, Kraftwerk at EP, Kool Keith, Melvins, Mudhoney, New Order at Brixton....well thats two more than I need already, and I'm sure I've forgotten loads, oh well.

Oh and Sunno))) was last year people.

Ciaran Mackle said:
in Ireland?

yeh, as stan already pointed out.

was in no way boring. aaron bashing out in his misfits-shirt, drinking bottles of beer in two sips and moshing away. getting some extra time to play and jumping sweating into the audience hugging people and asking for a party. the place smelled of sweat and piss. instead, mjuziq who supported snares was really boring

See I thought Mu-Ziq was great, built the set up really well. And all I saw was Aaron Funk playing CDr's which I thought was a real let down. If we all agreed the world would be a very boring place eh Jakko?

DJ format and de la soul at the picnic
Dillinger Four and Latterman in florida
Wedding present and betamax in cuba (galway)
Any and every ghostwood gig
The two kerbdog gigs in the roisin

Stan Bowles said:
See I thought Mu-Ziq was great, built the set up really well. And all I saw was Aaron Funk playing CDr's which I thought was a real let down. If we all agreed the world would be a very boring place eh Jakko?

yeh, Aaron definitely played at least cd's...but 'cause i couldn't see the setup and what else he was playing with (drum machine, eh?) i ignored that and the music was just fantastic, some clips of some of his discography but mashed into a frantic and noisy set...usually stuff that spastic and fast become just fast with no idea into it whatsoever, but this definitely had a thing that kept the set together.

yeah, it would be a boring place, not being able to laugh at all the people who are wrong HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH .|..|

Brush said:
This years Planned Skangerfest at Slane getting cancelled was the gig related highlight of the year for me.
ha yeah.
i heard of a dude who bought 2 tickets for something like 300 quid the day before it was cancelled..! then he was all threatening to stab the fucker if he didnt pay him back.
and so was the nature of that gig.
thatll learn him..

g-stereotypical said:
ha yeah.
i heard of a dude who bought 2 tickets for something like 300 quid the day before it was cancelled..! then he was all threatening to stab the fucker if he didnt pay him back.
and so was the nature of that gig.
thatll learn him..

Haha and all those eejits who bought tickets on the black market. hahahahaha Fools!!!

piratio said:
Dear Barry

Due to your continued harassment, I am left with no choice but to file an official complaint with the Dominic Street residents committee. Please find attached a Xerox of mearse. I suggest you practice tonguing it in preparation for the forthcoming residents meeting.

Yours
Angry and a little hurt, the cabin

i've a head like a sieve these days, but here goes:

betamax format (ballroom).
gossip (london).
les georges leningrad (belfast).
we are knives (lazybird).
death sentance panda (london).

Roisin Dubh highlights for me, besides Japeo
The Rednecks
AMC
Hoot Night
Smog
Devendra Banhart
Buck 65
Four Tet
Saul Williams...
that's all I can think of right now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back