The best gig(s) you were at this year (2011) (1 Viewer)

Pokey La Farge and the South City Three in Dublin--amazing band, great atmosphere. My band played support

The saw them again a week later in a marquee in Letterkenny to celebrate my 40th..great night.

They're going to be on Jools Hollands New Year Hootenanny

funny/good gig-related happenings in 2011 (other than the one I just mentioned in the albums thread)

- the mirthful Jeff Wayne related stories following the Retarded Cop album launch (particularly the mental images I'd conjured in my head of washingcattle (I have no idea who he is) talkin shite to him and filling him full of whiskey
- meeting Heather Trost
- making Britta Phillips laugh

and other ones I can't think of at the moment

funny/good gig-related happenings in 2011 (other than the one I just mentioned in the albums thread)

- the mirthful Jeff Wayne related stories following the Retarded Cop album launch (particularly the mental images I'd conjured in my head of washingcattle (I have no idea who he is) talkin shite to him and filling him full of whiskey
- meeting Heather Trost
- making Britta Phillips laugh

and other ones I can't think of at the moment

Was Jeff Wayne in the Workman's? Funny enough Washing Cattle was there that night, over near Wayne Coyne keeping young Squarehead company. Sure was a great night but getting up early the next morning and getting to Wexford wasn't so much fun.

2012 is shaping up nicely. So far I have Magnetic fields and Mel c.

honourable mention should also go to the Roger Waters gig in the point last may. That was deadly, but it was more of a 'production' than a gig. Plus for the price of the tickets it would want to have been deadly. But ti be fair, it was.

Good ones

Justin Townes Earle at Whelans
Andy McKee at The Helix
Frontier Ruckus at Rhythm and Roots in Kilkenny( can't remember the name of the venue)

Disappointing

Yuck at Button Factory

Hot Snakes at ATP
Deerhunter at the Button Factory
Portishead/Grinderman at Ally Pally
Voided By Ponces at the Workmans

And other stuff I forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back