another plane hits n.y.c (1 Viewer)

i just got this off skynews.co.uk..
fucked up...

Plane Crashes In New York

A plane has crashed in New York.

It is believed to be an American Airlines Boeing 767 - the same kind of plane which crashed into the World Trade Centre.

It came down in Queens, in the south of the city. It is thought the plane was heading to JFK airport when it fell from the sky.

The cause of the crash is not known. Boeing 767s can carry up to 350 people.

There are reports the plane hit a number of buildings.

All airports in New York have now been closed amid fears terrorists may be behind the incident.

The Dow Jones dropped 200 points as news of the crash reached the markets.

i've just heard the three o'clock news..apparently engine failure was the cause of this crash and not a terrorist attack..this is from skynews.co.uk

It is now understood the plane was an Airbus A300 which suffered engine failure shortly after taking off from JFK airport.

Early reports said the aircraft was a Boeing 767 - the same type which crashed into the World Trade Centre.

The jet came down in Queens, in the south of the city.

There are reports the it hit a number of buildings near Rockaway beach.

All airports in New York have now been closed as a precautionary measure.

From skynews.com http://www.skynews.co.uk/skynews/storytemplate/storytoppic/0,,30000-1035003,00.html
A plane carrying 255 people has crashed into a residential area of New York.

The FBI said the Airbus A-300 suffered a mid-air explosion shortly after taking off from JFK airport.

The American Airlines jet, flight 587, was heading to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic when it plunged into homes and a petrol station in Rockaway, Queens.

New York mayor Rudy Giuliani said the jet's right-hand engine had fallen off.

One eyewitness said pieces of the plane were falling off mid-air and flames were seen on the right hand side of the aircraft.

"I saw a large piece hit a hood of a car," one woman told Fox News.

"It seemed to fold and fall onto a residential area," adding that she initially thought the plane was a Concorde.

F15 fighter jets are now in the skies of New York - the incident comes two months after the US terrorist attacks on the US. They were believed to be in the sky when the plane, which was carrying 246 passengers and nine crew, crashed.

The FBI said there was no evidence of terrorist activity but all airports in New York have now been closed as a precautionary measure. Bridges and tunnels have also been closed and the city has been put on the highest state of alert.

A huge blaze is now sweeping through Rockaway. Many of city's residents would have been at home at the time of the crash because today is Veterans' Day, a public holiday in the US.

Rockaway was particularly badly hit by the World Trade Centre attack, suffering a "disproportionate" number of deaths, mayor Giuliani said.

The Dow Jones dropped 200 points as news of the crash reached the markets.

More follows ..

rather that read/watch LIE NEWS, i'm on ireland.com
they keep changing the pictures on the breaking news page. each one closer than the last. the whole fuckin' area looks to be on fire.

if it is a "terrorist" thing, then its a pity it didn't land on the white house, instead of the usual joe q. public getting killed.

I had a look at msn.com and there was fuck all there about the crash (one piece) but shitloads about how the markets were reacting. Its nice to know they have their priorities straight.

'Stocks are down, but they're holding steady after a plane crash in New York'...

'Stocks are hanging on every new word'...

Mr Creosote (12 Nov, 2001 04:10 p.m.):
I had a look at msn.com and there was fuck all there about the crash (one piece) but shitloads about how the markets were reacting. Its nice to know they have their priorities straight.

'Stocks are down, but they're holding steady after a plane crash in New York'...

'Stocks are hanging on every new word'...

if only:
"stockbrokers are hanging on every tree....."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back