Animal Collective (2 Viewers)

A bit more Feels sounding then Strawberry Jam?

You could definitely say that - it has that kind of gurgling underwatery sound also.

I got the impression that three of these were the ones taht didn't fit on (or were left off, deciding how cynical you want to be) Strawberry Jam. Not sure of this at first but I don't know what I was expecting - when I say "not sure" I mean its probably just that I prefer the new live stuff available on bootlegs - that shit is overwhelmingly brilliant to me.

i haven't really listend to this band in donkeys, but this is rubbish

You more of a Here Comes The Indian fan? Or even Danse Manatee? I cannot for the life of me listen to that whole record. Bits of it now and again but not the whole thing in a row, its headwrecking. They sound nothing like that now alright.

'here comes the indian' is my favourite, only one i'd listen to now really
i'm not very up on the recent albums, i will admit this! i dug em with
Mum a few years ago though, i like em, but that shit i listened to earlier
sounds kind of gash

where do you get water curses?

Its on Soulseek if you queue up long enough. Or you can go looking on the At Ease general music board which a Radiohead message board and most any new indie-ish music that has leaked can be found. However, be warned, if "Thumped Is For Pricks", At Ease is very much for complete cunts - try not to read any of the posts there!

I was listening to Dave Fanning's show* last night and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Person Pitch and Screamadelica - if you subtracted the Bobby Gillespie cock-rock Stones-aping swaggering stuff like Damaged** - it has a lot of similar ingredients in the way it blurs familiar rock and pop sounds/tropes and clichés into slightly stranger formats with loads and loads of use of repetition that gives it a kind of dancey feel without necessarily being dance music.

*Fanning was doing a show on Screamadelica by the way.

**I actually like Damaged for all its Exile on Mainstreet outtake-ness, it just doesn't fit in with my thesis.

I was listening to Dave Fanning's show* last night and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Person Pitch and Screamadelica - if you subtracted the Bobby Gillespie cock-rock Stones-aping swaggering stuff like Damaged** - it has a lot of similar ingredients in the way it blurs familiar rock and pop sounds/tropes and clichés into slightly stranger formats with loads and loads of use of repetition that gives it a kind of dancey feel without necessarily being dance music.

Noah is apparently big into his trance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back