agressor going to Dublin (2 Viewers)

i wasn't implying there was a request for violence in the text, i guess what i said was partly inspired by the 'let's get a posse together and beat the shit out of him' response to the situation that happened a few years ago in dublin.

I must have missed this, who got the shit beaten out of them?

no-one, but that was something many people thought was a reasonable response to an incident of violence against a woman.

no-one, but that was something many people thought was a reasonable response to an incident of violence against a woman.

there is only one suitable punishment for something like that...

fd42c6268828e292811ce59add9a3b36.jpg

Varuka, that's gonna have to be a PM response I reckon (from some one other then me) as I'm not sure what the victim (in that case's scenario) views were on how public everything should be and if I remember right it was never really resolved anyway.

But back to today...I think everyones clarified they're positions and earlier statements, so maybe we can return to the issue at hand?

As I said I'll try find out a bit more when I can make a phone call maybe later today. It will hopefully clear things up a bit.

Personally I don't think getting a posse together is the answer,and I'd be a bit dissapointed if that turned out to be the initial request, not only because it'd solve nothing and would be out of order for a group of people completely divorced form the situation to just jump in based on some rightous anger...but also the depressing thought that continental squatters and other anarchist activists would have to rely on a group of cynical Irish internet-punks to sort something out for them.

So ...what do people think is an appropriate response if this guy does show up in Irish punk scene or Polish anarchist/punk scene here soon, assuming you believe the story as told, and believe the guy is totally out of order as a response to a one slap from his girlfriend?

And accepting the theoretic model that there is an Irish punk scene, or Polish anarchist/punk scene here ;)

i brought it up in as general terms as possible, anyone who was involved will get the reference.
Yas but we're all nosey bastards....let's be honest!!!!

and Bombidol I of course was taking the piss, think I've met 80% of people from these boards including the fiery female who won't spill the gossip!

Blackball the bloke from all activities, its the only answer really isnt it? its non-violent and puts across the message that he's not welcome. Until we find out the full facts, is the bloke on the run or what? Does he feel any remorse for what he done and is he willing to help this girl out with medical bills etc.

Yas but we're all nosey bastards....let's be honest!!!!

and Bombidol I of course was taking the piss, think I've met 80% of people from these boards including the fiery female who won't spill the gossip!

It's a bit more serious than gossip.

Blackball the bloke from all activities, its the only answer really isnt it? its non-violent and puts across the message that he's not welcome. Until we find out the full facts, is the bloke on the run or what? Does he feel any remorse for what he done and is he willing to help this girl out with medical bills etc.

I'd agree with that as a minimum and in the context of not nowing more also. I can try find answers to the other questions... I doubt the law is involved although he may be on the run from some Catalan or Polish street-justice. As far as being remorseful or making some recompense I would add to that is he willing to deal with is mistake on a psychological level...restorative justice/looking at his aggression (councilling)? I pick up from the letter that a big issue for the woman is him reconcilling his actions with his supposedly libertarian beliefs

I see this as more of a "heads up" rather then "beat this guy up". I see no request for violence in the text although I'm sure it can be interpreted as such by some. As far as I can see it, this idea was first introduced by Krusty 411 (in a joking way) and by Nooly.

damn right i was joking i dont partake in violence in any form sure im a pacifist

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back