Afrobeat/ Fela Kuti (1 Viewer)

Go, go, go. 10 piece band or close. As mentioned he was great at WOMAD in July

incredible set at Sziget this year. just incredible

damn shame it's the village though. worthless kip.
i'd definitely go otherwise. thank fuck I saw them so recently otherwise i'd be really really tempted.

EDIT: actually are you sure that listing is for this year. can't check the site myself right now but Seun (or maybe it was Femi) was supposed to play the village in Oct a few years ago iirc.

EDIT: actually are you sure that listing is for this year. can't check the site myself right now but Seun (or maybe it was Femi) was supposed to play the village in Oct a few years ago iirc.

Yep I saw a poster when I was coming home on the bus and checked ticketmaster when i got home. Think it might have been femi playing a few years back

Roy ayers and Fela hooked up to do an album, its called Upside Down/ Music of many colours, as you would expect its amazing, i picked up an double cd by tony allen while back which has his first four albums on it, Fuccccccccckin class, also a new comp out right now acutally called ANALOG AFRICA, thats really good too and speaking of fela, theres a show on at the mo in new york showcasing his life in a play, cant see it coming here but it looks amazing, check the trailer, recently heard giles peterson raving about it
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129EzOHa36I"]YouTube - FELA! A New Musical[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back