advice on making a stink about a laptop fault (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
i got a moderately fancy new laptop last november and the casing is coming apart (screw keeps coming loose) in the same place for the third time - it's been in to the shop for repairs twice already and it started coming apart again within a couple of days of the most recent repair

it's an assembly fault, not damage by me, but it's already caused other damage to the casing as a result, which they didn't repair when it was in

anyone got any experience of customer service or whatever and know what kind of threats i can legitimately make?
i want a complete replacement at this stage and would chance demanding compensation for all the fuckery if i thought it was a goer

i've already been left without a computer for two weeks (altogether, not each time) during the previous repairs

NOT HELPFUL

geographically where? You'll need to go in quoting the relevant merchantable quality provisions of the relevant jurisdictions' sale of goods act and demanding the refund you're entitled to from a mister manager.

can you bring a friend to video you being ejected from the premises?

At this point tell them if they don't sort this out you're going to go to the ombudsman. Most companies would prefer to pay out rather than go through an ombudsman investigation, they are charged about 500 quid for the pleasure of being investigated.

If you do go to the ombudsman the main thing they'll want to be sure about is that you have attempted to deal with Currys following their own complaints policy and it didn't fix the problem. You can't use the ombudsman to circumvent a companies complaints process itself.

Be reasonable but don't let them fob you off with stuff about complaining to the manufacturer. You bought the item from Currys, any problems with it are Currys problem not yours.

Last edited:
NOT HELPFUL

geographically where? You'll need to go in quoting the relevant merchantable quality provisions of the relevant jurisdictions' sale of goods act and demanding the refund you're entitled to from a mister manager.
oh
i thought you meant what shop/ebay/guy at a car boot sale etc

currys of princes street, edinburgh, occupied scotland

thanks @Lili Marlene

so i rang these cunts, they've informed me that under their 'fourth repair no-lemons guarantee' they'll only replace it if it breaks for a FOURTH time

now to dig out my shitty old slow-as-balls laptop once again as the fancy new one disappears for another week of repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back