Abortion advice (1 Viewer)

Wagers aside, even using those statistics there are still hundreds of girls that do get raped and are being denied the personal choice to deal with it how they see fit. Categorically removing the choice merely because they may be in the minority is completely unjust.

I would bet that 99% of girls who have abortions haven't being raped.
I would also assume that most couples rather used it as a quick fire contraception get out of jail card for their carelessness/selfishness.
wasnt meant to be a go at you dude,
i don't think it was selfish of my ex to do what she did. it was her choice and her choice alone. we were carefull, she had a iud and it fucked up. like i said it was her choice and i stand by her for it.

Wagers aside, even using those statistics there are still hundreds of girls that do get raped and are being denied the personal choice to deal with it how they see fit. Categorically removing the choice merely because they may be in the minority is completely unjust.
Where did I say I was against women who were raped having an abortion? infact I'm sure I'm on record saying that somewhere b4 there are acceptable times that abortion as a last resort may be acceptable.
My problem with abortion (besides it depriving a feotus of life) is the way it's used as contraception or as an afterthought, just look at how common it is in the UK/USA.
If abortion is made easier it will lead to more....sometimes the 1st thought of a couple is to abort but then after a bit of time to take in the facts decisions hastily taken are often reversed and in my eyes every life saved has to make sense.

Where did I say I was against women who were raped having an abortion? infact I'm sure I'm on record saying that somewhere b4.

yeah, you've never been against that. As official thumped webcrawler I can confirm this

Where did I say I was against women who were raped having an abortion? infact I'm sure I'm on record saying that somewhere b4 there are acceptable times that abortion as a last resort may be acceptable.
My problem with abortion (besides it depriving a feotus of life) is the way it's used as contraception or as an afterthought, just look at how common it is in the UK/USA.
If abortion is made easier it will lead to more....sometimes the 1st thought of a couple is to abort but then after a bit of time to take in the facts decisions hastily taken are often reversed and in my eyes every life saved has to make sense.

he's right yis know.

Where did I say I was against women who were raped having an abortion? infact I'm sure I'm on record saying that somewhere b4.

My mistake. Although I still personally disagree with you, my reaction was against people who use this line of argument as justification for voting 'No' to legalising abortion, categorically. I didn't mean it as a direct attack on you and am sorry if I misconstrued.

I don't like using the 'girl' card, because I think men have a huge right to have a say in what will happen to their child/possible child - but I can't get behind other people deciding what I can or cannot do with my own body. I'm not saying abortion in all its uses is justified, what I am arguing is that I should have the right to make that value judgement myself and not have people imposing their beliefs on me. Everyone has a right to express what they believe, and this is why I feel pro-choice is the only way - because its not sanctioning death, as someone said already, its merely officially making the statement that 'I will choose what I see fit to'. '

Fuck this and fuck the sancitity of human life, there's too many of us. We need, at least, the option to abort, and in the long term, and this is a long shot, a global genocidal dictatorship intent on whiping out the vast majority of the human population of the planet. Obviously not me though, I'd be in charge, probably.

My problem with abortion (besides it depriving a feotus of life) is the way it's used as contraception or as an afterthought, just look at how common it is in the UK/USA. If abortion is made easier it will lead to more....sometimes the 1st thought of a couple is to abort but then after a bit of time to take in the facts decisions hastily taken are often reversed and in my eyes every life saved has to make sense.

There's a fair amount of truth in this, to my mind. Either way you look at it, abortion is tragic and will hang over someone for their entire life. Despite this there's people on their 6th, 7th or further abortions, and its not as uncommon as you might imagine. It's not contraception - it's the lesser of two evils. BUT we're coming at this from a unique position; in this day and age 99.9% of Irish people can go to England if they decide to abort, and the others who're under massive pressure at least have options, unlike 20 years ago.

i wouldnt say anyone would use an abortion as a contraception, its not a walkin walkout deal, its very emotional and really fucks with the girls hormones and shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back