a wine question... (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
you know when the waiter brings your selected bottle of wine to your table and you taste it...has anyone ever sent it back on tasting it?

tommytrousers

Website
www.moutpiece.com
Corked wine is fairly obvious to spot. You get an immediate, unmistakable bang of mildew . You wouldn't be drinking it, you don't need to be a wine snob to be able to detect it. That's why it's more important to smell before tasting thwe wine when they do the pour.
It's silly how they still do it with screw top bottles though, just so people can act important...

JesusSkywalker

I've never sent one back, but I've pretended to a few times for a laugh.. the look on the waiters face is always priceless.. I'd usually own up within a couple of seconds tho. Nah that's grand bai, pour away.

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Website
www.myspace.com
Screwtop bottles can still spoil.

Yep, "corking" is as a result of air getting at the wine (not bits of cork or anything like that) and causing it to oxidise or go mouldy. That can happen with a screwtop too, although it is less likely to.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
tesco_value-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• Northern Lights-Southern Cross (Expanded Edition)
    Ophelia - Remastered 2000
    The Band
    Northern Lights-Southern Cross (Expanded Edition)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads