a wine question... (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
you know when the waiter brings your selected bottle of wine to your table and you taste it...has anyone ever sent it back on tasting it?

Corked wine is fairly obvious to spot. You get an immediate, unmistakable bang of mildew . You wouldn't be drinking it, you don't need to be a wine snob to be able to detect it. That's why it's more important to smell before tasting thwe wine when they do the pour.
It's silly how they still do it with screw top bottles though, just so people can act important...

I've never sent one back, but I've pretended to a few times for a laugh.. the look on the waiters face is always priceless.. I'd usually own up within a couple of seconds tho. Nah that's grand bai, pour away.

Screwtop bottles can still spoil.

Yep, "corking" is as a result of air getting at the wine (not bits of cork or anything like that) and causing it to oxidise or go mouldy. That can happen with a screwtop too, although it is less likely to.

tesco_value-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back