A thought on contemporary Irish music (1 Viewer)

colly said:
The Pipettes and Redjetson are what i'm listening to a lot of recently.

Have the pipettes released anything yet? Other than the mp3's on their site? Destined for pop greatness this year if those songs are anything to go by.

jack nance hair said:
Have the pipettes released anything yet? Other than the mp3's on their site? Destined for pop greatness this year if those songs are anything to go by.

nah, just the lil EPs they've done....

did a cool acapella christmas track ..for..... christmas ( you'd never have guessed )

I've been harrassing them to come over here to play for a few months :(

Also snakeybus..... I am loving that new "albumen". Think its really really good. I dunno its jsut brilliant! :D

a) where can I get the CDR b) are you playing soon?

hmmm ill have to keep you guys in mind for our next round of gigs for the summer

colly said:
Coupled with my recurring want, to know and like the music of a band closer to home, I'm asking you....

What band(s) am I looking for???

Thanks in advance

Colly~!
rant over

Who let you out of yer box?!

Tsk. You and me, we is having a thumped discussion tomorrow night. Not on air, of course.

ah feck ya found me!

Thought I could sneek in, have a lil bitch about Irish music then leave promptly before you got back.

okay miss if you insist!

I thought the thread might have died and all.... grrr.....

well I got a few nice bands to keep my eyes peeled for so it worked.

Got a track I wanna play tonight actually if you don't mind miss?

colly said:
I thought the thread might have died and all.... grrr.....

well I got a few nice bands to keep my eyes peeled for so it worked.

Got a track I wanna play tonight actually if you don't mind miss?

If you have a track I don't have then I wanna hear it!

But don't call me Miss.

You probably have heard them, got the link off someone from here...

And I shall know better in future.... :eek:

colly said:
Also snakeybus..... I am loving that new "albumen". Think its really really good. I dunno its jsut brilliant! :D

a) where can I get the CDR b) are you playing soon?

hmmm ill have to keep you guys in mind for our next round of gigs for the summer

Sorry for the late reply with this Colly

a) you can get it off us at our gigs at the moment
b) Next gig is in the Lower Deck on Feb 18th, we's are supporting Stoat. Then after that on March 11th in Toner's

we'll also be on South FM on Feb 12th, doing an "acoustic session" haha, ah no, I suppose we'll use one of them clockwork laptops

Life after modelling
Stanley Super 800
66e
Channel One
Dry County
The Dudley Corporation
Wallmark
The Guggenheim Grotto

Some have albums out, others eps.

Really good stuff.

CPR on the old Irish music scene!

snakybus said:
Sorry for the late reply with this Colly

a) you can get it off us at our gigs at the moment
b) Next gig is in the Lower Deck on Feb 18th, we's are supporting Stoat. Then after that on March 11th in Toner's

we'll also be on South FM on Feb 12th, doing an "acoustic session" haha, ah no, I suppose we'll use one of them clockwork laptops

Heh, it's ok Mike. He thought he was doin good arrivin in with the Groom album. Little did he know I got it off Wil back some time 'go. Ah well. Played yiz last Monday though. Yup. You can come back in if you want sometime. We've got plugs in the floor. Ye can go bananas! It'd be like your 10th time in wouldn't it?:p

snakybus said:
yeah and Fiachra's not in the band now so ye won't have a scrap, wha wha
when will you accept me? i saw you in the lazybird. i said "this shit could really benefit from some crazy spazoid drumming." well?

roxy said:
Heh, it's ok Mike. He thought he was doin good arrivin in with the Groom album. Little did he know I got it off Wil back some time 'go. Ah well. Played yiz last Monday though. Yup. You can come back in if you want sometime. We've got plugs in the floor. Ye can go bananas! It'd be like your 10th time in wouldn't it?:p

hey just cause i'm new to all this irish music malarky.... swear I was still a young 'un.

plus I found out that Will is our photography lecturer for next year so I'll harrass him sometime....

risc said:
the best possible bands and artists to check out at the moment are:
  • Agitated Radio Pilot
  • Amoebazoid
  • Betamax Format
  • Bird on Wire & Dave Nuremberg
  • E+S=B
  • FancyGoods
  • Herv
  • Lakker
  • The Last Sound
  • Maersk
  • Medea
  • Miriam Ingram
  • Northstation
  • Piratio
  • Rollers/Sparkers
  • Thread Pulls
  • Tremors
now, if only someone would release all of these people on one, single, easy-to-manage cd.

please check out Dry County while you're at it
www.drycounty.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back