A message from Dubh (2 Viewers)

Tokey said:
fast typers???

Nerd, the word your looking for is nerd......

Anyway Alex I wouldn't get to worried about what people are saying.
Would be worse if they weren't talking at all. People are always gonna say shit about bands that isn't true

"Any publicity........."
I see your point... It's not really about the band... it's more that I got to make some good friends here (or at least I thought) so it pisses me off that they had to hear all this bullshit

Besides, this is the reason why I had to drop out of Things, The Ballroom, etc.... I felt I wasn't welcome anymore and couldn't figure out why so I left

Alex said:
I see your point... It's not really about the band... it's more that I got to make some good friends here (or at least I thought) so it pisses me off that they had to hear all this bullshit

Besides, this is the reason why I had to drop out of Things, The Ballroom, etc.... I felt I wasn't welcome anymore and couldn't figure out why so I left

And no one said it to ya's

Ohhhhhh Your all bad bitches.

You could all get roles in Coronation St

"ooooh did you head about morello...."

Incidentally I only found out about it from the other thread :D

Tokey said:
And no one said it to ya's

Ohhhhhh Your all bad bitches.

You could all get roles in Coronation St

"ooooh did you head about morello...."

Incidentally I only found out about it from the other thread :D
:D

Pete, ever thought of selling a few threads as a script for some soap opera? Now, *that* would be a great way to finance the board... and quality material too!

At this stage I'm fairly fuckin shtumped...

I don't believe Lorcanzo would lie to my face and make up stuff...

I'd LoooooooVe to hear from Dubh...

Bottom line, I just think it sucks that Dubh has ended up in a bad situation back home just for coming here for the rock...

Dubh Aid is still something thats prolly gonna happen...

Ian said:
At this stage I'm fairly fuckin shtumped...

I don't believe Lorcanzo would lie to my face and make up stuff...
OK, I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice.

Lorcanzo is a liar and none of what he told you is true.

Delorentos recording didn't go well because to their lack of practice/organization and LOADS of personal problems (which I don't discuss here as they're none of my business) + their guitarrist leaving the band in the middle of the recording.

Eventually, since he fucked it up and didn't want to admit it he made up the story

They wanted 10 days recording - they had 10 days recording - we just asked them for a small contrubution that all together wouldn't cover 1 month rent for the premises.

It's true that a couple of sessions were called off because of problems with the neibourghhood but we gave them 2 free days to recover them.

If he's not happy with the work he can only blame himself and maybe a bit of bad luck.

roxy said:
I have nothing to do with this etc but aren't the delorentos in chicago right now? At least I think they are.

So I doubt Lorcanzo is logging onto Thumped.
Just saying, in fairness like.

That's all.

F

I was in Chicago once. They've got computers there too.

This sounds like a horrible, crazy situation...hope yiz can all work it out.

Psychotic no 2 said:
I was in Chicago once. They've got computers there too.

This sounds like a horrible, crazy situation...hope yiz can all work it out.

...all thats missing here is "look why dont you all go out shopping together and buy some nice shoes and have a cuppa and a sticky cake." all better now wha??? teee eeee.

Okay....I was aware of that. I bet they had them before we had them an' all.
My point was, of course, that when one is away one is often busy being away and one doesn't do the things one would do if one was at home.

...is wot I'm saying, like. No need to nark. Maybe give him a chance to explain himself. But then from what I'm reading, I think this is a case of extreme uncoolness. But it's none of my business.

alex, something about dublin... it's a small place. it's full of cliques and you'll find a lot of them have nothing better to do than to propagate rumours. a lot of the time whether they're true or not is irrelevant, i think people are just really bored and it gives them something to do. i've been at the receiving end of this fairly recently and the people propagating the rumours were people who've known me a good while and who basically should have known better or at least should have checked the stuff out with me before spreading them around... but the more this happens, the less of a shit you give about the people and the place... why you move here from italy? you crazy? ;) we have a lovely italian fella sharing with us at the moment and he can't wait to leave :)

I look forward to hear what he has to say. Let me just add that the other Delorentos are a bunch of lovely fellas, nothing against them.

Enhance, nothing dangerous in the neibourghood. We had a few problems with the people we rented the premises from as they didn't want too many people/bands hanging around there. As I said, this brought to a couple of sessions to be cancelled but Delorentos were given 2 extra days free to recover and eventually got all the studio time agreed and even more.

To say it all, we asked them €60 euros a day for the studio and we pay € 600 Euros a month only for its rent, let alone the repayments of the loan for the 10K equipment that's in there. We didn't do any profit at all and we did this mostly to help Dubh making a living when he was here.

This sounds pretty fair to me

Apart from Lorcanzo, we were accused to rip-off Dubh and this is nonsense. I didn't keep tracking of how much we paid him exactly, but it was something between 3 and 4 grands over three months. We did 45 session, some were full day, some just four or five hours, at € 12 an hour....... you can do the math.

So that's the whole story, hope it's clear now.

No bad feelings here except for that fucker who created all this mess only because he had not enough balls to admit in front of all his friends that he fucked up.

That's it. Hag, you're probably right, thank you.

This said, I still love you all :) and hope I'll see you at a Morello gig sometimes, next Thursday at the Hub for instance! :D

End of the story (hopefully)

Ahem
I don't know what the full story is here
And I can totally understand Alex being pissed off about this
But Lorcanzo is a good guy. He's not the sort of fella to make up a bunch of lies.
And that doesn't mean that I'm saying that Morello fucked Dubh over ... isn't it likely that this is all some sort of misunderstanding?

i've had a dodgy experience with lorcanzo before... can anyone find that thread where me and unclealo had that tiff? that's one for the anals too.... :) yeah, basically, a few things lorcanzo said were responsible for that. and the things he said weren't true. but that has nothing to do with this, obviously.

egg_ said:
Ahem
I don't know what the full story is here
And I can totally understand Alex being pissed off about this
But Lorcanzo is a good guy. He's not the sort of fella to make up a bunch of lies.
And that doesn't mean that I'm saying that Morello fucked Dubh over ... isn't it likely that this is all some sort of misunderstanding?
Cormac I really wish you were right :(

I did like Lorcanzo before all this mess happened but, even if this is a misuderstanding, he could have tried to clarify things before telling the whole world that Morello are a bunch of dishonest bastards and ripped people off... these are HEAVY accusations

AlphaRelish said:
i've had a dodgy experience with lorcanzo before... can anyone find that thread where me and unclealo had that tiff? that's one for the anals too.... :) yeah, basically, a few things lorcanzo said were responsible for that. and the things he said weren't true. but that has nothing to do with this, obviously.
Doesn't anyone realise that this thread is starting to turn into the very thing it's condemning?? Wit de bitchin' an de slappin' and de false accusin'.

The only difference is it's not about morello now, it's about a different individual who isn't here to defend himself.

It's all fairly hypocritical.

AlphaRelish said:

:D Did you *actually* mean to say anals here or were you thinking of annals?

roxy, i was just sayin that it's not the first time lorcanzo has said a couple of questionable things which have lead to this, as in this type of thread, being shat out. someone said he's a decent guy, i said i've had trouble with him before. he apolagised to both me and unclealo before so that's not beneath him... i wouldn't be surprised if he did post here any second saying sorry for causing such a load of shite. he'd still deserve a kick in the shins though.

my middle name is hypo.

roxy said:
Doesn't anyone realise that this thread is starting to turn into the very thing it's condemning?? Wit de bitchin' an de slappin' and de false accusin'.

The only difference is it's not about morello now, it's about a different individual who isn't here to defend himself.

It's all fairly hypocritical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back