A message from Dubh (2 Viewers)

Jeez

This city really is way TOO fucking small. None of this should be public domain. Discussing people's money and physical/mental health on a public forum is just plain rude. If you have stuff to clear up at this kind of personal level do it with a phone call,text message face to face meeting etc. etc. Grow up. Yis are all a bunch of oul ones.

madouva said:
It's like fucking Murder She Wrote.
"...come let me get you out those clothes
Got me rollin' that body got even man in here wishin'
Sippin' on coke and rum
I'm like "So what, I'm drunk"
It's the freakin' weekend and baby I'm about to have me some fun
Bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce!"

Remember, it's the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen...

I think that pretty much ties everything together. I would so like for this to be the last post.

TDT21

egg_ said:
Same here
Lookit, the most obvious explanation for all of this is that Dubh was feeling the pressure while he was here, for a variety of reasons - foreign country, no job security, wife in a different continent, etc etc. He may have been letting off a bit of steam and bitching about his work situation/his clients to his friends. That's no big deal, that's what everyone does, it's part of what friends are for. Then when things got bad for him, Kieran, being the best friend Dubh has here I'd guess, blames the work situation/clients that have been bitched about. That's what friends are for too, sticking up for you when you're down
Egg_, as usual you prove to be the wisest and have all my respect here. I also thought that things could have gone this way.... Dubh being under pressure and giving out about work with a friend.... then the rumors spreading around and getting bigger/worst all the time......

However, Morello are a bunch of HONEST people and never ripped anybody off. As long as this is clear to everybody, we can even forget about it. No bad blood here.

Thanks to everybody who came forward and did his bit to clarify this mess

Speak soon, A.

Alex said:
First of all the computer crashed while Dubh was working with another band (Tokey can confirm) so Dubh offered to try and fix it, we didn't even ask him.

The fix did not take a whole weekend but maybe one day or two and definitely not "without sleep"!!

[/b]

This is all True by the way
I was there - we broke it (not literaly :) )

So someone is bullshitting

jesus.
i regret having commented on this topic. even though i thought i was rather diplomatic ala hop.
poor auld dubh though.
poor auld morrello though.

on the plus side, darren morello's post evoked the kind of bile not heard since i had a go on beardo's ma. top class.;)
get him to post again alex.

madouva said:
It's like fucking Murder She Wrote.

Aye, i reckon the butler did it, that or we can just blame bono, glen hansard and mcd for it

Alex,
To be honest I've never been to a Morrello gig... and I've never met you. You seem to be doing a trojan job in clearing up a bit of a mess though. I thought your other "tongue in cheek" post advertising gigs in the hub was a stroke of genius. Use the publicity... very George Micheal. From the posts here you seem genuine and integral.

Anyway, as a long time, close personal, friend of one Mr. Kieran McGuiness (A.K.A Lorcanzo) I'd like to step in and say that Kieran is one of the most sincerely well intentioned people I know (I went to school with him). I'm sure if there's any mis-thruth in what he's been saying it's because perhaps he has the wrong end of the stick. I don't know the facts.

I'm from Skerries (as is Kieran) and I can also say that Mr. Dubh black was put up in the spare room in Kieran's house, rent free for a very long time (months).

So as a character reference I'll throw my full weight behind Kieran and say he's not a liar, devious or malicious. I'm sure there's a mis-understanding somewhere.

Best of luck with the gigs in the hub, and I'll leave this post with a quote from Rudyard Kipling...

"If you can fill the unforgiving minuite with 60 seconds worth of distance run,
yours is the world and everything in it.
And what's more... you'll be a man my son."

Keith

P.S. I have had no reports of Mrs. McGuiness' cooking as yet.

keithaburke said:
Alex,
To be honest I've never been to a Morrello gig... and I've never met you. You seem to be doing a trojan job in clearing up a bit of a mess though. I thought your other "tongue in cheek" post advertising gigs in the hub was a stroke of genius. Use the publicity... very George Micheal. From the posts here you seem genuine and integral.

Anyway, as a long time, close personal, friend of one Mr. Kieran McGuiness (A.K.A Lorcanzo) I'd like to step in and say that Kieran is one of the most sincerely well intentioned people I know (I went to school with him). I'm sure if there's any mis-thruth in what he's been saying it's because perhaps he has the wrong end of the stick. I don't know the facts.

I'm from Skerries (as is Kieran) and I can also say that Mr. Dubh black was put up in the spare room in Kieran's house, rent free for a very long time (months).

So as a character reference I'll throw my full weight behind Kieran and say he's not a liar, devious or malicious. I'm sure there's a mis-understanding somewhere.

Best of luck with the gigs in the hub, and I'll leave this post with a quote from Rudyard Kipling...

"If you can fill the unforgiving minuite with 60 seconds worth of distance run,
yours is the world and everything in it.
And what's more... you'll be a man my son."

Keith

P.S. I have had no reports of Mrs. McGuiness' cooking as yet.
Hello Keith,

Point taken. Personally, I have nothing against Kieran: we actually had a good relationship before all this mess happened and we also worked together to bring Dubh over.

I must recoignise I've been a bit harsh to him but, as I said, he could have given me a ring to check what the story was before spreading around these nasty rumors.... that's probably his only fault.

Anyway I am through this, as long as it's clear Morello are honest and genuine people coz that's what we are.

Take it easy, Alex

i's been away for the last 10 days so missed all this excitement...
anyways steerage's dealings with dubh in morello's studio were in the last two weeks before he left and after seeing all this stuff come up it's clear to me that alot of stuff was said back then when people were under pressure and some things didn't work out the way some people wanted them or expected them too. after talking to alex it seems morello were about as accomodating and fair about all of this as could be expected and most of the bad feelings arose as i said due to some things not working out as originally planned/expected from other people's perspectives. i'm not going into specifics here 'cos i don't think its fair to anyone involved to have random thumpers disecting the situation but anyone that wants to know what the hell this is all about should just collar me, alex or whoever next time they see them. just don't expect to hear the same story twice - just a load of misunderstandings and definitely not solely kieran's doing.

none of this by the way is a big deal apart from the fact that some people may have heard something and thought wrongly that morello acted out of order - they didn't. there was no big hou-ha or incident, just a load of little gripes that got chinese whispered.

well now. this is a mess.

to clear up my end a bit;

my angrily clumsy first post on the *sigh* thread was intented to draw attention to my friend dubh's situation. however a public forum is not the place to be airing my grievances, and its neither my place to speak for dubh or start fights on his behalf. it was intented to send him cheer, and make him feel better. these threads are my fault for this mistake.

dubh's a cool guy, of course he's going to say thanks for the recording job.
as it is clear from the opinions on these threads i may be an asshole, but i'm certainly not a liar. i can't scan in the conversations or anything to show any proof, all i have is the four months dubh spent here and the times we spent recording and out. i stand behind my friends and my frustration and anger at his current situation made me post rashly.

alex and morello, whether you know it or not (and you seem not to), i have a lot of problems with the way you dealt with dubh. its probably time we talked about it so pm or email me you phone number and i'll call you from seattle tomorrow or the next day and we can have a chat about it.

k

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back