a hawk and a hacksaw (1 Viewer)

that gig in Cardiff with the full Hun Hagar Ensemble was one of my favourite gigs of the last year.

According to the AHAAH MySpace, the 11th Dec. Dublin show's been cancelled, though the blog post says "we will endeavour to play in the streets or possibly in a pub or two in the town while we are there."

This is a little disingenuous, as apparently AHAAH are now booked as the opening support for the Final Fantasy show in Vicar St the same night. So instead of paying €17.45 for a headline show, we now have the option of paying €23.00 for an opening slot (though thankfully I don't think buying a ticket obliges you to stay for the execrable Final Fantasy).

F*ck that.

I expected better of Foggy Notions. Why? Goodness knows. Goodness knows.

According to the AHAAH MySpace, the 11th Dec. Dublin show's been cancelled, though the blog post says "we will endeavour to play in the streets or possibly in a pub or two in the town while we are there."

This is a little disingenuous, as apparently AHAAH are now booked as the opening support for the Final Fantasy show in Vicar St the same night. So instead of paying €17.45 for a headline show, we now have the option of paying €23.00 for an opening slot (though thankfully I don't think buying a ticket obliges you to stay for the execrable Final Fantasy).

F*ck that.

I expected better of Foggy Notions. Why? Goodness knows. Goodness knows.

I thought it was quite a good solution for non stuck-up sticky-beaks. Why did their gig get canceled in the first place?

hey, i have 'darkness at noon' on vinyl and i don't like it at all. first person to PM can have it.

I would never claim to be privy to the inner machinations of the Dublin live music world, but I presume it has something to do with Foggy Notions gazumping or otherwise interfering with the original Aiken plans. Bear in mind, the announcement of the 'cancelled' gig came only after the announcement of the support slot. Furthermore, AHAAH will obviously be in the city that night, so it's not a travel problem.

What I'm saying is that I don't think FN should be considered the saviour; rather, the culprit. So to call it a 'good solution' is a bit wide of the mark.

If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate correction. Anyone from FN care to comment?

I thought I'd heard that the gig was cancelled well before the FF announcement was made but I might just have heard them in the wrong order.

Either way, I'm going to be in the pub nearest Vicar Street watching Marseille vs Liverpool before FF I think! Although I'm reliably informed that the violinist belongs in the "I have the horn for..." thread. Only heard one CD by AHAAH and I didn't take to it, but I imagine its more rewarding on repeated listening and they might a better prospect in a live setting.

I'm pretty pissed off that A Hawk And A Hacksaw has been cancelled

second time that's happened

I haze zero interest in paying into see some band named after a computer game just so I can watch AHAAH play fgor 20 minutes...

ho-hum

I'm pretty pissed off that A Hawk And A Hacksaw has been cancelled

second time that's happened

I haze zero interest in paying into see some band named after a computer game just so I can watch AHAAH play fgor 20 minutes...

ho-hum

Maybe thats why I thought I had heard they were cancelled - they had cancelled before.

Yes, you're wrong. Aiken Promotions asked us if AHAAH could be placed on the line-up for the Vicar Street show. We are friends with the people from Aiken Promotions and actually booked Vicar Street through them. We never gazump or interfere with other live music promoters and we have no idea why you would presume we would do so on this occasion.

I would never claim to be privy to the inner machinations of the Dublin live music world, but I presume it has something to do with Foggy Notions gazumping or otherwise interfering with the original Aiken plans. Bear in mind, the announcement of the 'cancelled' gig came only after the announcement of the support slot. Furthermore, AHAAH will obviously be in the city that night, so it's not a travel problem.

What I'm saying is that I don't think FN should be considered the saviour; rather, the culprit. So to call it a 'good solution' is a bit wide of the mark.

If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate correction. Anyone from FN care to comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back