A britpop boxset...with no blur or oasis ? (1 Viewer)

Urgghhhh... scanning through that tracklisting has brought back so many awful, awful musical memories. How many of those atrocities did I sit through whilst listening to the Evening Session on Radio 1, waiting patiently for a Pavement or Pj Harbey session track. Some of the worst music ever made are on those there cd's.

Remember irish brit pop?? Junkster, Bawl, The marbles, the marigolds, who else? on yeah, the ultra montaines

waiting patiently for a Pavement or Pj Harbey session track. Some of the worst music ever made are on those there cd's.

Liar. You were sitting there listening to Cut Your Hair, thinking "When is Damon going to finally kick these slacker yanks into touch?" and hoping Northern Uproar would be on next. Like the rest of us. Admit it.

I had an NME from a couple of years previous (which was forever at that time) that I bought in that record shop in Bray and it had PJ Harvey on the front, "60ft Queenie" or something and I was like, what the hell is this one about. Great days.

Liar. You were sitting there listening to Cut Your Hair, thinking "When is Damon going to finally kick these slacker yanks into touch?" and hoping Northern Uproar would be on next. Like the rest of us. Admit it.

Argh! Northern Uproar. They were like Oasis junior weren't they? I mention Radio 1 because Jo whiley and Steve Lamacq were to blame for championing so many chancers. Marion, Menswear, Echobelly... good fucking jesus.

Where are Smaller, The Reel People, The Lightning Seeds, Strangelove amd 18 Wheeler.

If the Stereophonics are on there then where's Symposium, Three Colours Red and The Young Offenders

Was Blake Grape any good??? I don't remember any of his stuff.

CinnamonBoy speaketh the truth

If the Stereophonics are on there then where's Symposium, Three Colours Red and The Young Offenders

3 Colours Red were part of Britrock, AKA "ex-members of the Wildhearts + their mates and sometimes Terrorvision"

Symposium were sort of the start of that Bratrock scene, kind of led by Idlewild and featuring alumnis such as the LLama Farmers, Stony Sleep and our very own Chicks.

I very much missed out on most of britpop and it's the years 1997-2000 I remember the most which I would consider the wilderness years after britpop and before the Strokes. It was a lonely time to come of age :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland