Britpop Boxset (1 Viewer)

To my shame I quite liked that Space song Begin Again. I think it might have been their last single before it all went belly up

ah here it is,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I always felt sorry for their singer, he seemed like a nice guy stuck in a band full of Oasis and the Verve fans

I don't like all of these songs (in fact I don't like most of them) but I'm suprised that none of them made the box set;
Dodgy - Good Enough
The Longpigs - Lost Myself
The Supernaturals - Smile
Shed Seven - Going For Gold
Paul Weller - The Changingman
Edwyn Collins - Girl Like You
Lightning Seeds - Marvellous
Reef - Place Your Hands
The Seahorses - Love Is The Law
Embrace – All You Good Good People
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Drugstore feat. Thom Yorke - El President
Black Grape - Reverend Black Grape
Mcalmont & Butler - Yes
Belle & Sebastian - A Century of Fakers

Anyone know who has mastered this?

It will probably cost around US$60 from Amazon but will be €80 + if/when it appears here.

They could have picked a better Gay Dad song.

As well as releasing quality reissues of back catalogue material Rhino generally put out decent various artists box sets with good liner notes. The following are pretty good.

Nuggets, Nuggets II, Children Of Nuggets, Left Of The Dial: Dispatches From The 80s Underground, Have A Nice Decade: The 70s Pop Culture Box, Like Omigod!: The 80s Pop Culture Box

ride1_270.jpg

Who'd have though that mopey, insular, floppy fringed, shoe gaxer Andy Bell would have loved Brit Pop so much, he's been in three of the bands on that list !!!

I think Rialto grew out of some early 90's 'punk' band, in the manic street preachers sense. The song I remember the most was
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
rather than the one on the boxset. Em, i've a feeling they were championed by the whole Melody Maker 'romo' scene, although they were a bit late for that

the song title rings a bell..i think the all wore black and did have a manic street preachers vibe about them..man i loved the manics first three albums..now when i hear them i feel sick..i think it is overkill.

Kinky Machine! That was the name of the previous band, never heard them mind, before my time...

this thread reminds me of those shine compilations.

kinda want that a little bit though.

Or that Greatest Album In The World Ever.... Part 1. It was amazing, it really was!

The Greatest Album Tracks ever? That one?

I got bought it as a present. 3 CDs full of the greatest songs ever and I doubt I ever listened to it fully even once. Some good songs for sure, but you'd barely make up a single CDs with them.

Caught Beneath The Landslide 4CD set

CD 1

1. Blur – Young And Lovely / 2. Suede – He’s Dead / 3. Huggy Bear – Her Jazz / 4. Cornershop – England’s Dreaming / 5. The Fall – Lost In Music / 6. New Order – Regret (New Order Mix) / 7. James – Sometimes / 8. Elastica – Pussycat / 9. The Auteurs – Lenny Valentino (Original Mix) / 10. Saint Etienne – Pale Movie (Lemonentry Mix) / 11. Inspiral Carpets featuring Mark E. Smith – ‘I Want You’ / 12. Terrorvision – The Model / 13. S*M*A*S*H – Barrabas(Piloted) / 14. Shed Seven – Dolphin / 15. Catatonia – Whale / 16. Echobelly – Today, Tomorrow, Sometime, Never (Live, Wetlands, New York) / 17. Gene – Be My Light, Be My Guide / 18. Manic Street Preachers – The Drowners(Live)

CD2

1. Primal Scream – Jailbird (Dust Brothers Remix) / 2. Paul Weller vs. Portishead – Wild Wood (Sheared Wood Remix) / 3. Radiohead – Planet Telex (Hexidecimal Mix) / 4. The Cardigans – The Boys Are Back In Town / 5. Menswear – I’ll Manage Somehow (Original Single Mix) / 6. Powder – 20th Century Gods / 7. The Lightning Seeds – Lucifer Sam / 8. Pulp – Razzmatazz (Acoustic Version) / 9. Duffy – London Girls / 11. Heavy Stereo ‘Sleep Freak’ / 12. Supergrass – Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) / 13. Feeder – Rush (Live) / 15. Northern Uproar – Rollercoaster / 16. The Wannadies – Lee Remick / 17. Kula Shaker – Tattva (Lucky 13 Mix)

CD3

1. Marion – Let’s All Go Together (Slide Mix) / 2. Dodgy – Grateful Moon / 3. Ride – Black NiteCrash / 4. Fluffy – Husband / 5. Lush – Ciao! / 6. Electrafixion – Sister Pain (Acoustic) / 7. Out Of My Hair – Safe Boy / 8. Spacehog – In The Meantime / 9. Space – Neighbourhood / 10. Whipping Boy – Fiction (Live – The Furnace In Dublin) / 11. Plastic Fantastic – Complimentary Electron / 12. Longpigs – On And On / 13. Dubstar – Elevator Song / 14. Jocasta – The Land Of Do As You Please / 15. Sleeper – Atomic / 16. Ash – Does Your Mother Know / 17. Ocean Colour Scene – Travellers Tune (Original Version) / 18. The Supernaturals – Smile

CD4

1. Super Furry Animals – Something For The Weekend (Rockfield Version) / 2. Silver Sun – There Will Never Be Another Me / 3. The Boo Radleys – What’s In The Box (See Whatcha Got) / 4. The Bluetones – Marblehead Johnson / 5. The Charlatans – The Two Of Us / 6. Me Me Me- Hanging Around / 7. Shampoo – Cars / 8. Babybird- You’re Gorgeous Too / 9. Salad – I Want You / 10. Bis – Wee Love / 11. Kenickie- In Your Car / 12. Speedy – Boy Wonder / 13. Reef – YerOld (Young Version) / 14. Electronic – All That I Need / 15. 60Ft Dolls – Pretty Horses / 16. These Animal Men – Wichita Lineman / 17. The Aloof – One Night Stand (7” Version) / 18. Oasis – Champagne Supernova (Brendan Lynch Mix)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back