A break from the norm? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Basser
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 0
B

Basser

Well here's the story,

Everyone seems to be into 1 thing or another lately, Your either into Grunge, Punk, Death Metal or then Theirs the recent wave of bands sounding like Hard Hi FI, The Killers, Kisser Chiefs, The Kooks etc....

I like some of the above but wanna try something Fresh, Marketable, Different and Credible!

To do that you need a band with different influences, for ex:

Someone influenced by maybe a slight reggae backround maybe the bass player, Lead Guitar who like's some of the bands Ive mentioned, Acoustic influenced by a more layed back song writer vibe maybe suitable with James Morrison, Daniel Powter. Then a drummer who has a varied and open taste....then there's myself il get to that in a mo.... So Thats just an example of the approach Im going for not dead set rules......

I am a singer song writer, for the past few years Ive been writting and coming out with some tunes demoing and so on, good experience...Constantly getting better as we all do with time!

But basically now what Im looking to do is infuse that with some other talented artists out there in the land of Ireland:)

Its very possible to get the right combination and create something that grabs attention.

By nature I tend to initially write songs and they turn out a little to polished but in experince when Ive heard full bands playing my stuff that all goes and Im really shocked with the all over sound! Im Key Boardist so that might explaine the polished sound:) But What Im saying is the structure is there and maybe you have that to in your own way.

Anyway, if anyones interested in something new or is currently in the same position them selves e mail me on [email protected]

Good Luck

Basser

Self indulgent wanker??? Ha ha ha you little ugly geek Muppet!! I hate ignorant nerds like you. Just because your little spunk filled brain can't open up to experience other realms of influences don’t try down what Im doing. Were you raised my by chimps or something?

If you weren’t interested you could have easily chose not to have wrote back like what normal people here do, you in bred cousin loving, spotty piss rat!

Yeah I can picture you now, alone, smelling, cold, completely drenched in urine, thats not even yours.....No wonder you lash out!

Now off ya pop back up to your bedroom and stick a clarinet up you’re A-hole because God knows it'll have to make a better sound than what craps coming out of your molested mouth ;)

Happy New Year

And remember! WHEN all else fails, Suicides always an option!

Choi!

Self indulgent wanker??? Ha ha ha you little ugly geek Muppet!! I hate ignorant nerds like you. Just because your little spunk filled brain can't open up to experience other realms of influences don’t try down what Im doing. Were you raised my by chimps or something?

If you weren’t interested you could have easily chose not to have wrote back like what normal people here do, you in bred cousin loving, spotty piss rat!

Yeah I can picture you now, alone, smelling, cold, completely drenched in urine, thats not even yours.....No wonder you lash out!

Now off ya pop back up to your bedroom and stick a clarinet up you’re A-hole because God knows it'll have to make a better sound than what craps coming out of your molested mouth ;)

Happy New Year

Choi!

Little harsh?

Happy New Year

Choi!
jesus, grow the fuck up dude.

Grow the fuck up??

Thats terrible languge you should be ashamed of yourself using that tone around here!

What happened to being civil!

Seriously though, the responce that person gave to me wasnt necessary as beanstalk pointed out with his EEK faces! So I just returned the favour to this person who called me a wanker for no reason.

I think you should soak that in before you start telling me to grow up

rococo.jpg

bands trying to sound like hard-fi, the kaiser chiefs, the kooks, stereophonics. etc etc.
the list goes on doesnt it brother.
ill tell ye, it doesnt get any easier.
tomatoe/tomato... whats the difference.
you either like punk or metal or indie.
lets rise up against this shit.

Ha! Thats truly manky! Though funny!

A man will die but not his idea's............

Mr Pharmacist! Sound Bloke!

Thanks for bringing some sense back into the topic!

Lets P p p push things forward!

Im a trend setter not a trend follower, and Id rather be paid than popular:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back