8Radio (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
anyone had a listen yet? I have. Decent tunes so far.

anyone decent Phantom ever had seem to have gone there so it should be good.

8Radio.com

theres apps and stuff there

(*I have no affiliation. just interested is all)

not sure. I was under the impression that it was a group of (disgruntled) ex-phantom people on a solo run. Dunno where the funding is coming from. Also, I didn't think phantom had any money.

Hello all,

Jaysus I haven't posted on Thumped in a while.

So as Pete says, I'm one of the three principals behind 8Radio.com. We're on FM for 15 weekends in Dublin (94.3), Cork (106.7) and Limerick (105.5) and online all the time via the whole apps and directories business.

Two quick things I wanted to mention if its ok:

1. Musical submissions are invited, indeed welcomed for addition to the playlist. MP3 (192k please) is probably best. Send the song plus some band info to [email protected].

2. Struggling at the moment to find some older Irish stuff to put on the playlist. Big bands are easy but the smaller acts are proving much tougher. I used to have a lot of them on CD but they are sadly long since gone. Dragonfly, Engine Alley, Corpo and all that. Tried to find a hard drive with a stack of them on it but not a sign. All help appreciated on this one.

Thanks!

Simon

Hello all,

2. Struggling at the moment to find some older Irish stuff to put on the playlist. Big bands are easy but the smaller acts are proving much tougher. I used to have a lot of them on CD but they are sadly long since gone. Dragonfly, Engine Alley, Corpo and all that. Tried to find a hard drive with a stack of them on it but not a sign. All help appreciated on this one.

maybe post a list of some stuff you you're looking for. I'd imagine folks here could help. I have stuff on tape so thats probably not of much use. The likes of niggleybits has every record ever made ever.

also, check out that 'old irish' compilation he put up a while back. And there was a thread here a while back with lots of mentions of bands and songs from the mid to late 80s. Some solid gold in there

Got a fair few bits in via email over the past 24 hours and found a decent handful but also spent too much time trawling through http://irishmusicdb.com/ and found yet more lost artists! Will report back with a list of what I have at the weekend. In the meantime, feel free to dig out any singles/MP3s.

Not to forget the new music submission business too by the way, new releases also go to [email protected]

Simon

Got a great selection via MP3 and Dropbox in the past couple of days. About 60 tunes from Joan of Arse to Damien Dempsey via Interference, the Plague Monkeys, Fatima Mansions/Microdisney and Watercress. Some quality stuff in there.

Simon

Got a great selection via MP3 and Dropbox in the past couple of days. About 60 tunes from Joan of Arse to Damien Dempsey via Interference, the Plague Monkeys, Fatima Mansions/Microdisney and Watercress. Some quality stuff in there.

Simon

anything in particular you're looking for?

Scheer - Shea
Bawl - Girls night out
Forget me nots - 5 o clock train

but seriously
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Forget me nots! Jaysus, the memories. If anyone has that single let me know, used to have it myself but long gone.

Right, looking for tracks like Asterix - Laura Loves, La Rocca, Blue in Heaven and The Last Post.

Put a few more into the playlist this weekend, heard Revelino earlier on and some old Dudley Corp - new Dudley to go on next weekend too.

[email protected] is the destination :)

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back