28 Godspeeds Later (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
So, is that Godspeed! You Black Emperor on the 28 Days Later soundtrack or what?
If so, have they sold out, cos Fox are involved in the production?

From The Guardian:

It is curious that a band like Godspeed should choose to contribute to the soundtrack of a commercial film. They are, after all, a group who have rebuffed the advances of most of the major labels, whose stance against the entertainment industry has remained consistently hostile.

How did Boyle persuade them?

'We got in touch with them through the internet,' he laughs. 'I don't think under normal circumstances you'd ever get to speak to them. But they were fantastic. They were helpful, and very clear about how unlikely it was that they would give us permission to use it. But we kept at them. We went up to Newcastle to meet them when they were on tour [last spring]. We took them out to dinner - well, it was scampi and chips, or vegetarian scampi and chips - anyway, they were lovely people. They asked to see the whole film, we showed them the whole film, and they gave us permission. I couldn't believe it, really!'

Godspeed will not, however, be on the CD soundtrack for 28 Days Later: the deal covers only the film score.

keeror, do you have a bee in your bonnet about showing how godspeed are "sellouts"? its not the first time i've seen you mention this...

Originally posted by silo
keeror, do you have a bee in your bonnet about showing how godspeed are "sellouts"? its not the first time i've seen you mention this...

I think fair dues to them for allowing the
track to be used on the film,
as it fitted the atmosphere at the start of the movie perfectly, &
the atmosphere that godspeed try to portray
with their music, & there's also the added bonus
of a lot of people getting to know godspeed,
and going out to buy the rekkid,
I'm sure some of you are bound to disagree
with me on the last point.

Originally posted by sarah
I think fair dues to them for allowing the
track to be used on the film,
as it fitted the atmosphere at the start of the movie perfectly, &
the atmosphere that godspeed try to portray
with their music, & there's also the added bonus
of a lot of people getting to know godspeed,
and going out to buy the rekkid,
I'm sure some of you are bound to disagree
with me on the last point.

yes, but if the track is not on the soundtrack on release, how many people are going to twig who it is? i reckon most people will just think its part of the score that wasn't included on the released sountrack.

thats just me though.

and i haven't seen the film yet.

so more useless commentry from the herv camp there.

for shame.

Originally posted by herv
yes, but if the track is not on the soundtrack on release, how many people are going to twig who it is? i reckon most people will just think its part of the score that wasn't included on the released sountrack.

thats just me though.

and i haven't seen the film yet.

so more useless commentry from the herv camp there.

for shame.

ah just shurrup shurrup shurrup,

leave me alone with yer logical points

and yer baldy head an all,

is it just me or could I just be saying this to you in person, seeing how ure sitting next to me an all. :rolleyes:

is it just me or could I just be saying this to you in person, seeing how ure sitting next to me an all.

i had a similar revelation earlier on as well. ah it wouldn't be the same. silences and sedimentary conversations are what keep us ticking over.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
Is the film any good then?

Anything like Dawn Of The Dead or Zombie Flesh Eaters?

I personally thought it was great it's not at all
like dawn of the dead because they aren't really
zombies only diseased people gone mad for flesh,
so they can move really fast,

the pace of the movie slows down a bit b4 towards the
end but I havn't gotten that many frights in ages.

I haven't seen the film, but I don't think allowing your music to be used in the score is selling out. Aren't films supposed to have good music?

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
I don't think allowing your music to be used in the score is selling out.

wow. "selling out". this is like thumped way back in the day... when punks still strode the land...

The movie is worth the admission alone for the first 7 minutes with yer man walking through london in doctor scrubs with the godspeed track in the background - it's brilliant.

I went to see the movie twice, although I only bothered with the first two thirds the second time around...it's shot really well and I didn't think it was cheesy like most horror / flesh eating zombie movies.

- Fintan

ps- Godspeed have been full of shit for years. sure they come here and play for mcd all the time, although people always email them blah blah.

Doesn't affect their music though.

Originally posted by fintan
ps- Godspeed have been full of shit for years. sure they come here and play for mcd all the time, although people always email them blah blah.

eh: no they're not. you talk a pile of horseshit.

deadly. scrap.

if you like godspeed, and want them to continue making music, you'd better not begrudge them a bit of money mr. i'm sitting in front of a pc in my well paid it job who ever you are.

Originally posted by kirstie
Not up to your usual standard Mr Grey

ah, all this selling out bull just gets my goat, y'know.

zombies rule, buh.

how are you, not speaking of which.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back